New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    it happen sometime in october last year. I t so happen that there is a patrol car parked at the side of the center island and the vehicle on my right swerve to my lane because of the obstruction of the parked patrol car. So I have to slow down and the traffic light turn red. To avoid further accident. I stopped at the middle which is so wide and not obstructing the flow of traffic. I lodge a complain at Makati but the hearing was set 3 weeks later. And the traffic ticket is good only for metro manila but I travel to nearby provinces which will made me driving without license. So I paid the 3t fine. I insisted that the hearing will continue even I paid the fine . When hearing time arrived , the arresting officer did not appeared which made me feel frustrated because I really want to confront him.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    [quote=kinyo;987530]isn't there a big, big yellow X bounded by a square on that intersection?
    Yap there is a yelow X bounded by a square on that intersection but It is allowed on the intersection Aurora blvd crossing Edsa. I f the traffic light turn red, you have to stop at the middle if not you will be caught.
    Maybe I am not familiar with Makati but they are choosy with private car. After being sideline by this Mapsa officer, another Mapsa officer even assisted a bus with the same situation as mine stopping at the middle of intersection.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    Regardless kung sinong TO ang humili sa iyo... you can contest the violation via the MMDA's Adjucation Board (MAPSA din ang humili sa akin for counterflow sa Pasay Road before, from P2000 w/ suspension naging P150 na lang).

really? ngayon ko lang nalaman yan...san itong MMDA adjuction board? and how do you go about the complains? so huwag muna bayaran yun violation sa local cityhall?

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    really? ngayon ko lang nalaman yan...san itong MMDA adjuction board? and how do you go about the complains? so huwag muna bayaran yun violation sa local cityhall?

At Makati adjudication board , they said that the traffic violation ticket is honored only at Metro Manila but the hearing was set three weeks later. So you have no choice but just to pay the fine which cannot be refunded even if you win the the case. As in my case , the arresting officer did not appeared during hearing and Iwas not refunded.

My point is if this happen to an ordinary truck driver or delivery van, whose salary is for day to day existence. And most of them is not well educated and they are proned to this kind of abusive officer whose concerned only is to accept bribe but not supervise traffic. They usually hide in the corner waiting for prey.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    just happened to me this morning..

i was rushing to get to a friend's wedding.. crossed buendia.. then this mapsa (there were 3 of them) flagged me down... sabi ko.. bakit boss.. beating the yellow light daw ako.. what the f*ck.. sabi ko.. eh nasa gitna na ako nung nag yellow.. ehh violation pa rin daw.. and this guy asked for my license.. tapos tinawag yung isa pa.. since i was running late.. i told him that papunta nga akong intramuros for a wedding.. showed him my barong.. i was really pissed but tried to be apologetic.. sabi ko pasensya na boss.. pero wala pa namang red nung tumawid ako.. he was determined to get my license.. then I mentioned na taga makati din naman ako and showed him my company ID.. ayun buti naman at pinagbigyan ako..

ngayon ko lang narinig yun ah.. beating the yellow light.. langya talaga yang gatasan nang mapsa dyan..

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    asar na asar talaga ako sa mga traffic enforcer mapa mmda, mapsa o manila traffic police. sori pero talagang maling tumigil sa gitna sa may inbetween southsuper highway at makati buendia. may mga nag le-left-right turn both sides dyan kaya magiging obstruction talaga sasakyan mo kapag titigil ka sa gitna. sumunod na lang tayo sa batas trapiko. pero ibang usapan na yung paparahin ka pa at wala ka namang ginagawang violations. ang ginagawa ko dyan pag pinapara ako eh binubuksan ko lang window ko at sabay mura sa mga pagmumukha nila. kumbaga una-unahan lang yan, kung cnong unang masindak cyang talo

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    mas delikado yung ganon na hindi mo titigilan lalo na kung may nakaabang na motor.. baka mas lalong lumaki ang multa pag inabutan ka..

kaya ako nakikipag diskusyon lang ako.. pero parating cool lang at mababa lang boses.. nakukuha naman sila sa pakiusap eh..

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    mas delikado yung ganon na hindi mo titigilan lalo na kung may nakaabang na motor.. baka mas lalong lumaki ang multa pag inabutan ka..

kaya ako nakikipag diskusyon lang ako.. pero parating cool lang at mababa lang boses.. nakukuha naman sila sa pakiusap eh..
    di ko naman tinatakbuhan eh tinitigilan ko pero mataas ang tono ng boses ko. wala akong magagawa eh ganun talaga ako makipagtalo lalo na kapag talagang binibiktima ako. minsan may insidente pang tumawag ng pulis dahil di nila ako kayang mapatigil kaya diniretso ako sa headquarters kaso pinakawalan din ako kaya todo ngisi ko sa mga traffic enforcers na kasama ko sa himpilan ng pulis. sila pa ang nayari dahil mga engot sa batas. key here is to memorize some or few laws then tell it to them diretly yung para bang nag le-lecture ka, tignan mo parang mga hinayupak na mga mangmang mga yun sa kaiisip kung anong ibig sabihin ng mga sinabi mo sa kanila. mga bopols yang mga yan kaya kung talagang tama kayo panindigan nyo pero kung talagang mali naman kayo, panindigan nyo pa rin bilang isang lalake. ako pag mali ako nagpapahuli talaga ako. kaso minsan lang akong magkamali. ito yung mga time na di ko kabisado ang daan at may hinahanap ako.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    May commission kasi mga Mapsa for every ticket that's given out. Its all about the money.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    selective implementation talaga dito. for some reason, buses, jeepneys, and especially motorcycles are excepted from all traffic laws. pero if you're a private vehicle, yari ka.

i've had my share of huli-dap. before i used to argue pa. now, i just smile and act submissive. i learned that you can better negotiate with a smile rather than angas.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
be carefurl along buendia crossing south superhighway