New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Was driving with the kids at the Fort and while we were going along a one way road a Civic with a huge "House of Representatives" sticker on the windshield turns into the street and goes against the one way direction and rushes against us without even bother to give way as they were blatantly at fault. They even have the gall to try to force us off the road. What does that sticker represent?

Am worried the kids will keep seeing more of these "violations" by people in "power" and assume it is okay for that to be the case.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    what's up with these "house of the representatives" stickers? my friend's gf's civic also has this sticker with matching plate pa. cant remember well, but i think the plate reads either "congress" or "representative" i asked the gf if one of her parents is a congressman. di naman daw. the plate and sticker daw was from her tito whom allegedly lend them the plate and sticker. but her tito is neither a congressman. diba congressmen lang entitled sa ganito? all i know is mayaman sila... ang dami na talagang mayabang at abusado dito satin.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
    Was driving with the kids at the Fort and while we were going along a one way road a Civic with a huge "House of Representatives" sticker on the windshield turns into the street and goes against the one way direction and rushes against us without even bother to give way as they were blatantly at fault. They even have the gall to try to force us off the road. What does that sticker represent?

Am worried the kids will keep seeing more of these "violations" by people in "power" and assume it is okay for that to be the case.

That is the sad fact here on our roads, somebody drives against the flow of traffic (flashes his illegal blinkers with sirens, has a House of Representatives sticker, sporting an illegal use of protocol plates etc.), these are the things that need to be addressed by the DOTC particularly the LTO, but sad to say they are inept at going after these road users.

The motto here on our roads is "Have power/connections will do (that is disregard all existing traffic rules coz you're immune."

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ans_lim168 View Post
    That is the sad fact here on our roads, somebody drives against the flow of traffic (flashes his illegal blinkers with sirens, has a House of Representatives sticker, sporting an illegal use of protocol plates etc.), these are the things that need to be addressed by the DOTC particularly the LTO, but sad to say they are inept at going after these road users.

The motto here on our roads is "Have power/connections will do (that is disregard all existing traffic rules coz you're immune."
    Hahaha. And to compound matters, I went to the Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf at Tordesillas here in Salcedo Village Makati this afternoon and as I was going in a guy in a high end BMW coupe parks illegally along the corner on the red painted curb. He comes out with his son and goes into the coffee shop. His kid is around 8 or so. Then the Mapsa Tow Truck and goons pass by slow down next to it, look and drive off. They did this 3 times so I mentioned it to the expat I was with. We were wondering why these tow happy goons didn't do a thing and guessed they saw something in the car. We saw a DOTC ID hanging from the rear view. Could that have been it? Imagine the JD (?) tow truck goons were too scared to tow it away. Sayang I should have brought my digi cam so that could have been upped in Youtube.

Imagine now the a-hole's 8 year old kid ten years from now after seeing how dad flaunts his "power".

Hahaha.

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by rusem View Post
    what's up with these "house of the representatives" stickers? my friend's gf's civic also has this sticker with matching plate pa. cant remember well, but i think the plate reads either "congress" or "representative" i asked the gf if one of her parents is a congressman. di naman daw. the plate and sticker daw was from her tito whom allegedly lend them the plate and sticker. but her tito is neither a congressman. diba congressmen lang entitled sa ganito? all i know is mayaman sila... ang dami na talagang mayabang at abusado dito satin.
    Humble (probably) Congressman... Abusive Family Members!

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    [SIZE=3]Sila nagpapatupad ng LAW sila pa nagaabuse nito [/SIZE]

7. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by gearhead View Post

i have a house of representatives sticker before. it can be bought at the souvenir shop of the house of representatives. anybody can buy one. just go to that shop located at the session hall of the house of representatives. the small sticker which can be placed on the windshield costs 60 pesos.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by beereo View Post
    i have a house of representatives sticker before. it can be bought at the souvenir shop of the house of representatives. anybody can buy one. just go to that shop located at the session hall of the house of representatives. the small sticker which can be placed on the windshield costs 60 pesos.
    [SIZE=3]Wow. For 60 pesos you can rule the road :diablo:[/SIZE]

9. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    yes, it's only 60 pesos. i just don't know the price of the bigger sticker. if you have one placed on you car, it does not mean that you are already a relative or close friend of a legislator. it's no big deal! actually, there are a lot of products at the souvenir shop of the house of representatives aside from stickers. you can also buy cups, mouse pads, bags, pens, paper weights, id laces, etc.. when i was still in college, after visiting the HOR, i bought an ID lace and a sticker for my own use.

to tell you frankly, i just bought one because i was working there for my apprenticeship program. a lot of employees there have that sticker so that once they enter the HOR compound, the guard will no longer question them. it is just like a car pass.

way back in college, during an exposure trip at the senate of the philippines, i was looking for a senate car sticker but the guard told me that the employees' cooperative handling the souvenir shop had closed its operation to the public. sayang!

fyi: mas madaling bumili ng car sticker kapag may session sa session hall. as far as i know, the session starts at around 4pm everyday.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Yeah, end those damn gorillas are using it to break the law!

Careful with Silver Honda Civic with Plates XPY 171 and Congress Sticker