New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Manila cops watching crime-prone Quirino
    By Cecille Suerte Felipe
    The Philippine Star 11/30/2003

The Western Police District (WPD) has beefed up police presence in the vicinity of President Quirino Avenue after a number of crimes were committed in the area, including the kidnapping of a 10-year-old schoolgirl last Nov. 21.

WPD director Chief Superintendent Pedro Bualong said sekretas, policemen in civilian clothes, will augment the uniformed policemen deployed to monitor the area.

Bulaong noted that members of the elite Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT) have also been ordered to monitor the area to thwart criminals from carrying out their illegal activities.

The WPD ordered the deployment after the kidnapping of the Grade 4 student of St. Peter Parish and School last Nov. 21 along President Quirino Avenue in Paco, Manila.

Her driver was shot and died at the hospital four days later, while her nanny remains confined at the hospital for gunshot wounds in the body.

Hours before the kidnapping, a computer student of the De La Salle University-College of Saint Benilde was also killed in the area near the South Superhighway after being shot while fighting off robbers who attempted to snatch his cellular phone. The victim had opened his car’s window to light up a cigarette and use his mobile phone while stuck in traffic.

In the past, there have been several reported cases of robberies in the area. The robbers usually target cars with open windows and unlocked doors and strike just before the traffic lights turn green.

Lawmen have made several arrests of suspected robbers, but investigators said that many of their cohorts and gangmates still roam the area.

HOPE THIS IS NOT JUST PAKITANG TAO MOVE. HOPE THEY RESOLVE THIS.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sus pagkatagal-tagal nang notorious yung lugar na yan, tapos nung may nangyari lang na high-profile atsaka kikilos yung pulis??

sa bagay, ganyan din naman yung nangyari sa kidnapping (high-profile Betty Sy case) at carnapping dati (high-profile Enrile case)

ayaw kasing kumilos kaagad nitong lintek na pamahalaan e

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ayan pinaiinit nyo nanaman ulo ni mbt! :D

Napadaan ng apala ako dun lately, may isang pulis na dun sa outpost nila at mobil patrol na nakaantabay.

Ang tanong, aanhin nila ang sasakyan kung yung mga huhulihin nila tatakbo naman sa ilalim ng tulay?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nung papunta ko kay Chieffy last week. Ang daming SWAT on motorcycles lining P.Gil.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by OTEP
    Nung papunta ko kay Chieffy last week. Ang daming SWAT on motorcycles lining P.Gil.
    meron ba silang barker? he he

joke lang po

Yng lugar na yan, late 80's kasi mula makati going quiapo, yong mga bus ay walang fixed na daan, basta makarating ng quiapo ok na, kadalasan ng holdup ay announced on that vicinity, at dyan din sila bumababa.

Bus Conductors have a way of warning the passengers, they will say " Oy ticket nyo, may Inspector po tayo" in seconds may commotion na sa loob, wag magkakamaling tumingin ng pa EB sa kanila. Same warning I expe even in EDSA buses..

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'll bet all these police visibility bullshit will be nowhere after Christmas.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by CZintrclr
    I'll bet all these police visibility bullshit will be nowhere after Christmas.
    now takot naman ako sa cops! alam nyo naman yan.... pasko na kelangan din nila ng pera .... patay!

double careful na tayo sa daan ah mga tsong!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    That's right dieselNUBI, kaya pag may nakita kayong mga policemen, sigaw agad ng malakas Tulong,Kotong,Tulong!!!

Almost every night may checkpoint infront of Arellano Univ. sa legarda just before going up the flyover coming from recto. Akala ko dapat sa well lighted place ang mga chokepoints, eh ang dilim dilim dyan sa area na yan eh. In fairness, sumisilip lang sila sa loob ng car with their cute flashlights.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    some pig cops stopped me in a checkpoint in QC in 2001 and stole my cellphone, which was sitting on the dashboard, behind my back. (they probably saw it with their flashlights so they stopped me).

good thing na recover yung phone and SIM ko sa camp karingal after some string-pulling, sabi sa akin na sinurrender daw nung policeman on duty dun sa checkpoint yung phone sa kampo kasi daw nahulog yung phone from my car. pathetic.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    siguro cooperate na lang tayo sa checkpoint...sama ng experience ko diyan years ago.may checkpoint sa kahabaan ng araneta avenue.flashlights lang yung ginagawang panghinto kaya yung kasama kong nagdadrive di huminto at diretso kami,ilang kanto lang may blocking force na nakatutok sa amin yung mga lespu.no choice kailangang bumaba kami ng nakataas ang kamay...dahilan na lang namin fllashlights lang yung nakita namin at walang harang.buti di kami niratrat...sa panahon ngayon malamang ratrat muna bago tanong at mga duwag ang mga lespu ngayon...kaya lang mga beerhouse...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Car Hold-Up Advisory