New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Yap please be fair, it is very biased and unfair to accused this gas station without any sufficient proof that they cheated you on gas. in the first place our gas gauge is not an accurate instrument to measure how much gas was filled in during the pit stop. Its better to bring an approved petrol container and fill the petrol there. The container has a marked which acurately tell you the volume fed in, then compare it with the reading in there pump bay. Another factor that must be taken is the price per liter of one gas station is not the same with other gas station. Our 500 utot may not fed the same amount of gas with resapect to other gas station. its better to refuel by using liter instead of utot, este, petot pala.

If you really feel agrrieved its better to substantiate your claim by going to DTI or Manila City Hall and file complaint, so that the gas station at Luneta be given the opportunity to present its side.

if you really feel aggrieved on that night then have the balls stand on your balls on that precise point of time.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    here's some proof - more complaints! tsk! tsk! it'll be nice to see and catch on tape the faces of who's pumping gas as well as their supervisors when you fill up a measured container and it comes up way short. tsk tsk
    What happened is that I came from NAIA & was driving along Roxas Blvd when my near-empty-fuel indicator lit up (if I remember correctly this was along the Baclaran area).

I then proceeded to gas up with 300 pesos worth of fuel at Shell Luneta just as a precautionary measure since I don't usually fill-up here since I hate the kind of service that they give. 300 pesos of Velocity (this happened a few months ago, wala pang V-Power) is around 7 to 8 liters of fuel (which is good for about 60 kilometers for my ride).

Upon starting the engine, I have already noticed that the fuel needle just barely rose up. Normally, the fuel needle would instantly indicate the amount of fuel inside the tank. I did let this pass & thought that it might rise up once I drove for some distance.

I have driven less than 10 km (somewhere in A. Bonifacio, Caloocan) when the near-empty-fuel indicator lit up again and the fuel gauge needle is pointing to near empty again. :shocked2:

===

Yung sa Petron Kapitolyo Pasig huling-huli ko... yung near-empty to full-tank is worth only P1500 back then pero halos umabot ng P2000 yung fuel na kinarga nila.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    We can do this simply. Bring a video camera (hidden in a bag, siguro) and a big plastic gas can. Tell them that your buddy's car has broken down and you need gas. Let them fill the can with 250 pesos, then walk out of sight and check the amount in the can.

Do this for three other gas stations and compare.
    ok po sir sa idea a, at the same time may solid evidence pa!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Tsk! Tsk! Dapat i-BITAG o Imbestigador tong mga to.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I've been a victim of non calibrated fuel pumps before but not this one, the bad station was Caltex on Commonwealth sa bandang Ever Gotesco. When I asked friends, they said that station is bad and not to go back.

You can actually ask them to fill up a proper canister of gasoline (red container), I'm sure it's legal to do so. From there take measurements and do this at least twice to get a consistent reading (at the same time sa gabi, with the same price/L, with the same pump).

6. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    stand on your BALLS! magpakalalaki ka, agrabyado ka na nga eh, o di itindig mo ko meron ka at ipaglaban ang iyong rights.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    i would attest that this shell branch is indeed fooling consumers with their uncalibrated pumps. we've heard not so good rumors about this station but its hard to avoid since they're the only gas station within the area.

some time last year we loaded up 500 worth of gas on a nearly empty tank. usually it goes up to the 1/2 mark. to my surprise, the needle only went to 1/4. we went back the next day, and asked the elderly gasoline attendant. he told us that the seems to be a "collaboration" with some of their gasoline attendants and some kind of "syndicate" .with that in mind, we swore not to load up at Shell Luneta gas station.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by non-vtec View Post
    i would attest that this shell branch is indeed fooling consumers with their uncalibrated pumps. we've heard not so good rumors about this station but its hard to avoid since they're the only gas station within the area.

some time last year we loaded up 500 worth of gas on a nearly empty tank. usually it goes up to the 1/2 mark. to my surprise, the needle only went to 1/4. we went back the next day, and asked the elderly gasoline attendant. he told us that the seems to be a "collaboration" with some of their gasoline attendants and some kind of "syndicate" .with that in mind, we swore not to load up at Shell Luneta gas station.
    my 2 cents lang. AFAIK hindi accurate ang fuel gauge ng mga auto (actually hindi nga linear ang behavior with regards sa actual fuel content.) 300-500 pesos worth of gass is only about 10-15 liters of gas (around 25%of tank capacity), it is not sufficient enough of a sample to base your conclusions.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by rst619 View Post
    my 2 cents lang. AFAIK hindi accurate ang fuel gauge ng mga auto (actually hindi nga linear ang behavior with regards sa actual fuel content.) 300-500 pesos worth of gass is only about 10-15 liters of gas (around 25%of tank capacity), it is not sufficient enough of a sample to base your conclusions.
    well i may not have actual proof but at that time, i am pretty sure because
    1. the gauge did not went up close to 1/2 (which usually does everytime we load (P500 worth of fuel) just 1/4

2. on a 500 or roughly 12 liters of gas(at that time), with normal city driving, we get at least 90kms, we only traveled around 50km, then nasa E na.

3. the elderly looking gasoline attendant, willfully admitting the illegal activites of his colleagues.

4. it has happened to other people as well.

so c'mon, who in the world would bad mouth a gas station if they're not cheating on their customers?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Bwahaha... lahat kayo may-ari ng competing gas stations!!! Evil!

On a serious note... yes, fuel gauges aren't accurate, but in general you expect the needle to be around the same area every time. If you've been with a car long enough, you get good at estimating fuel levels.

I can always tell how much is in my tank from the needle position, especially close to empty, with an error factor of just 1-2 liters... and most gas stations give me the exact amount I've estimated I need.

An error factor of 4-5 liters (as it seems from the posts) is just too big to be a coincidence.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Buyer beware : Shell station at Luneta