New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    To all Tsikoters:

Just to share my horrible experience last night between 7:30 - 8:30PM at EDSA Makati in front of Intercon Hotel and SM.

I have to fetch my wife at Dusit Hotel. Since I will be coming from Crossing, Mandaluyong the short and simple way is via EDSA then right turn at the street between Dusit and SM. So I traverse EDSA until I reached the intersection of Ayala/EDSA. Since my destination is on the right side after Ayala but before Pasay road I cautiously and deliberately use the outer right lane of EDSA from Ayala going to Dusit. It was a smooth sailing until I reached ther area between SM and Intercon where the buses in front of me were not moving. Well I thought could be the routine loading and unloading cue of buses. To my dismay it was not moving for more than 15 mins already and my patience started to wear out. So I get off my car to find out the problem. To my surprise an MMDA traffic enforcer approached me and cited me for using the lane reserve for PUB. I explained that my destination is Dusit. I was given lecture that the pink fence was the divider. I countered that there was no informative sign that motorist going to Dusit should use the inner lane and I did not notice the fence until i was inside it due to poor lighting in the area. I futher stated : "Kung ang intention mo ay makatulong bakit ako ang nilapitan mo at hindi yun nag te-terminal na mga bus sa harap? kalahating oras na ko dito!". Well eto ang sagot: "Marami masyado sila hindi namin kaya". After saying this the MMDA enforcer walk away from me.

I observed that the stretch of EDSA in front of Intercon and SM is converted into a Bus Terminal to the inconvenience of motorist going to Dusit and SM. Even motorist using the inner lane have to wait for minutes before they can cut right. Sayang yun mga digital countdown timer walang silbi at yun mga binabayad sa mga MMDA traffic enforces dyan sa area na yan.

BAYANI FERNANDO WAKE UP.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    yup this is always the case dyan sa area na yan.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    I was caught by an MMDA enforcer for the very same violation about 2 months ago.
    Last edited by bender; November 15th, 2006 at 05:54 PM.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    i have the misfortune of having to cross to mckinley almost every night.
    sarap talaga pasabugin yang mga bus na yan.

my wife has a similar experience. dun sa aurora blvd / EDSA corner ang daming jeep dun nagte-terminal.

anyway my wife was on the leftmost lane tapos nag right siya sa EDSA. aba ang MMDA, swerving daw at dapat nandun siya sa rightmost lane. na punong puno ng jeep (aabutin ng oras kung dun).

so sabi ng wife ko, ang daming jeep sa lane na yun, bakit di niyo sila hinuhuli? ganun din ang sagot ng g*gong MMDA, di daw sila kayang madisiplina. at nagalit pa at gustong ticket-an ang wife ko because she said the MMDA guy should be doing his job instead of harassing her.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    To the senior moderator ng Tsikot do we have a direct line of communication or hot line where we can report these anomalies directly to MMDA Chairman Fernando. Thanks.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by XUV-AT2002 View Post
    "Marami masyado sila hindi namin kaya".
    hayuf sa sagot ah. namimili pala sila ng mga motorista na nagiisa para makaya nila....

e-mail mo MMDA about dyan. i think the email address is posted at their website: http://www.mmda.gov.ph

7. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Happy G.

Salamat sa web address ng mmda. May I ask if tsikot is a registered organization? If yes how can one apply to be a bonafide member. Tsikot can make a difference byf promoting discipline, exposed abuse and corruption both motorist (private and public) and law enforcers.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    15 minutes! tsk tsk tagal nyan for that late hour.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ahhh Makati hehe

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    For info of all Tsikoters I emailed the Chairman about this. I hope the email address in the MMDA website < chairman_bfmmda*yahoo.com >is working and personally access by Mr. Fernando not by his traffic enforcers. We will keep you posted how looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooog will be the response time.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Bus Terminal at EDSA in front of SM and InterCon Makati