New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Saw the footage as well. Terrible accident. Could see the policeman thrown out the adventure then got run over by the montero right behind the mustang. Looked like he was already dead when he got thrown out though. Condolences to the family. Extremely hard to watch and i just feel sorry for the victim's family.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Balikpinoy View Post
    They showed footage of the crash on Bandila tonight. From what I could discern, the Mustang was passing the montero on the right and clipped the Adventure as the Adventure was slowing down causing it to tumble multiple times. I wish the full video would be released so a few more seconds before the actual accident is shown.
    actual cctv footage? hmmm that's interesting. hanapin na natin sa youtube!

3. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by remzam View Post
    actual cctv footage? hmmm that's interesting. hanapin na natin sa youtube!
    Yup actual cctv footage. Collision time up to the point the victim was run over by the montero. I do agree they shouldve released the video showing atleast a few seconds before the crash to see if the adventure swerved to the right with enough reaction time for the mustang to avoid it.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Skyway crash caught on CCTV - YouTube

Yeah. Sucks that they started at the impact already. I'd rather not have seen the driver get run over, either.

-

From what I can see, in the split second before the impact, the Adventure was already travelling straight within the right lane. Seems like the Mustang owner may have swerved to the right to overtake the Montero Sport crawling in the left lane, and reacted too late to the Adventure. The clearance between the Adventure and Montero Sport would have been enough for him to "snake" through if he were only going around 100 or so.

But the Mustang driver was overtaking with a recklessly huge speed differential. From the looks of it, it was at least a 100 km/h difference to the Montero in the left lane that the Mustang was overtaking.

Got overtaken by a 458 on the way home a while ago. Same idiotic style of driving. I was crawling in the rightmost lane at 80 km/h (remember, minimum limit is 60) and he blasted by in the center lane at well over 250... just several inches from my door mirror. And this was on a completely empty highway, where he could have moved two or three feet over to the left lane...

Guess money can't buy brains.
    Last edited by niky; April 5th, 2013 at 04:29 AM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Skyway crash caught on CCTV - YouTube

Yeah. Sucks that they started at the impact already. I'd rather not have seen the driver get run over, either.
    -

Bakit kaya natagalan ang skyway i-release ung video footage? While sa ibang vehicular accident mabilis naman nila na i-share ung copies ng video.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; April 5th, 2013 at 11:32 AM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Looks like the Advie went aside to give way to the Monty (and has already established himself on the slow lane) while the Mustang was just going too fast for anyone's own good, and was just focused on the Monty. Stupid indeed.

On another note, it's obvious the Monty just did not have enough brake and handling power at the speed he was travelling to brake on time upon seeing the accident. That's what people do not realize when they are driving at speed. That was even on a hot, clear day on an almost empty skyway.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    This is where we see the importance of speed limit. Overtaking on left most lane only. Slow vehicles on right most lane. As motorist, we must abide with the IRR to avoid such accidents or to at least minimize it.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Manilablock View Post
    Bakit kaya natagalan ang skyway i-release ung video footage? While sa ibang vehicular accident mabilis naman nila na i-share ung copies ng video.
    Dunno. It happened on a holiday, might be that they had to dig backwards through the data archive to find the footage. Those CCTV cameras record gigabytes of data every day, and it'll be hard to sift through all of it.

-

Agree with vinj... that Montero really didn't have enough time to stop to avoid hitting the driver. In a fair investigation, the Montero Sport driver would have been absolved of any blame, but perhaps the driver was simply too scared to stop.

Given that the SOP is to jail anybody involved in a fatal accident and file charges of reckless imprudence resulting in homicide FIRST before conducting an investigation... perhaps that's understandable... but he really should have stopped.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    The way I look at it, when the Mustang driver decided to overtake the Montero on the right, he didn't have enough foresight to consider the possible actions of the Adventure. No sense of defensive driving at all. If he bothered to be mindful of that single other car on the highway, he would've at least slowed down to provide a little bit of margin for any eventuality.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Bottomline:

Driver education.

Black Saturday Skyway accident involving Ford sportscar.  1 dead.  Driver fled.