New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005

I actually had the same experience some years ago here in Alabang, inside the compound of S&R PriceSmart. I was at least a meter and a half behind a car, which was parked near the entrance as I was dropping off my wife before I park our van (note: big vehicle). The driver, suddenly backed up. I was blasting my horn and flashing my headlights when he got 'dangerously' close to our vehicle, but he still bumped the van. Slight nudge, but just the same, he hit the van.

Then, he suddenly surged forward, I thought, to evade me. We followed him. However, he drove to a dead-end of the parking lot and I thought since he cannot get away, he parked. I then parked our van behind his car and told him that he bumped our van and should be answerable for it.... Well, the ensuing argument went nowhere. It's a good thing that I didn't hit him as I was tempted to get even somehow... It was just a small scratch on our vehicle anyway, but again, it's his intention to get away from something he should be answerable. The driver, I remember looked like in his 50s, who was with his wife and a couple of teenage kids. Not a good example for a father!

A couple of fellow driver/car owners, who witnessed the incident, approached me and volunteered that they will scratch the car and flatten his tyres, as they were also fuming mad for the actions of the other driver.

It was me who pacified them, actually, and told them that he'll get his measure somehow, somewhere.....

6000:mobile:
    Last edited by CVT; May 10th, 2008 at 01:55 PM.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Naku...I wouldn't want to be in manong driver's shoes....I might find myself unemployed by Monday.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by cocoy View Post
    a BMW 730 walang back up sensor? buti pa 01 starex ko. hehehh
    meron siguro back up sensor baka hindi lang na detect yung sasakyan sa likod nung bmw..

btw, regarding those back up sensors, even though your vehicle is equipped still better to have your visual estimation and instincts while parking, i have seen several vehicles that have back up sensors and still bumped their back while backing.. and most of the time SAPUL na SAPUL yung sensor nila mukhang tumama sa maliliit na poste

kaya siguro atras ng atras yung BMW kasi may back up sensor sya at hinihintay nya na mag signal yung sensor ayun nagdinig na lang nya yung CRACK sound hehehe

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005

^^^ Or he was very confident (of the capability of the backup sensors) and didn't 'hear' that the tone is already continuous.... It happens....

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Baka maiba na ang kwento niya pag amo na niya ang kausap....

Ang hirap naman kasi,- panay na kamo ang busina mo,- umuurong pa rin siya....

Malamang na maiba nga. Para makaiwas pusoy sa amo niya, sasabihin niyang siya ang na hit and run at yung TS pa ang may kasalanan

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    ... i think 7 series not only have back up sensors but side and front collision sensors as well .

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I always put bumper protectors on my rides for just this purpose. Seems having backup sensors have now resulted in more carelessness and driver error, thus negating the benefit of backup sensors!

Pero bakit po nasa goon squad ito eh hindi naman niya sinasadya. Inamin pa nga niya ang kasalanan eh.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    maybe the reason he didn't hear your horns was because he has some incredible noise cancelling device installed sa 7series niya hehe ... pero tsk tsk

teka baka naman yung busina mo is parang yung sa mga stock ng city hehe boses unano :-p

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by albert_b View Post
    maybe the reason he didn't hear your horns was because he has some incredible noise cancelling device installed sa 7series niya hehe ... pero tsk tsk

teka baka naman yung busina mo is parang yung sa mga stock ng city hehe boses unano :-p
    sir baka naman sobrang ganda nung deadening nung 730 series
    kahit malakas na yung sound sa labas ndi mo pa rin naririnig :D

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    baka mahina lang talaga pandinig ni manong driver. hehehe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
bimmer inatrasan ako