New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    when i was a little bit younger, i used to bike from our house in alabang, to my work in makati, three times a week. aside from the fact na pagod ka na before doing your work, kailangan mo pang maligo. good thing before, may shower room kami sa office. dami pang ok nun. aside from a much cleaner air than now, medyo mas kokonti pa ang sasakyan sa daan.

now, i am still doing occassional bike trips from las pinas to tagaytay and back. ang kalaban dito mga bus sa minsan nag-tri-trip sa mga cyclists.

i think now, kung ioobliga (mukhang hindi naman) ng gobyerno to. mahirap na. una. dapat malaki ang separation ng bike roads sa vehicular traffic. safety should be the first priority. second, would you think gagawin ito ng mga makati peeps o ortigas peeps? pangatlo, parang nakakatamad na atang umuwi nyan. hehehehe.

i thing bike lanes and biking to/from work, is only beneficial for those people who live and work within 5 kms from their place of living to place of work. kundi, medyo may psychological effect na to.

now what if, the government, encourages the use of mopeds and scooters to widen-up the distance range? tingin ko, di pa rin to mangyayari. for one, ang climate dito sa atin is really not conducive for that, compared to let's say, China and Vietnam.

final verdict.... those proposed bike lanes could be waste of money. why not spend the money to be used in creating these lanes to something more beneficial, like schoolhouses, classrooms, public health benefits, free schooling, etc.... mas marami pang makikinabang.

imho.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolodeon
    O, sa mga kapwa ko dyan na nagwo-work sa Makati: are you willing to ride a bike to work, considering na we always put a premium on our looks (and smell) when we go to work there? Admit it, everybody want so look fresh, feel fresh and smell fresh. Okay lang siguro kung pag-dating sa office eh may time pa to shower and to change clothes. Eh kung wala na?

It's probably okay for short distances i.e. your work is about 5-10 kms from your place. Pero kung malayo, medyo malabo.
    heheh. with our kind of weather and climate, i don't think biking to work will appeal to yuppies. pag mainit ang panahon tagaktak ang pawis mo. pag rainy season naman you need to wear raincoats pa at maswerte ka kung di ka matalsikan ng putik ng mga motorist. with our road conditions di malayong mangyari to.

rgdng safety pwede nga natin gayahin yun sa china na may mga poles sa bike lanes para walang makasingit na mga cars and buses. pwede ring pink fence

ang malaking tanong eh who will bike?

-yuppies? malabo.
    -students? siguro but will their parents allow them?
    -blue collar workers? pwede kung may pambili silang bike.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    basta di makasingit ang mga motorsiklo, no problem.

Bikes really aren't that expensive anymore. You can pick up a decent daily driver for under 10K, and a really cheap one for about 4k. The problem is providing the facilities not only for riding, but also for parking and storage. Back in my cycling days, when it was a bit more popular than it is now (di na masyado... kalaban ang mga scooter sa space), one of the most difficult problems facing cyclists (aside from safety) was bike theft. Very easy to steal a bike... no matter how many chains you put on it.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    [QUOTE=mantoy]heheh. with our kind of weather and climate, i don't think biking to work will appeal to yuppies. pag mainit ang panahon tagaktak ang pawis mo. pag rainy season naman you need to wear raincoats pa at maswerte ka kung di ka matalsikan ng putik ng mga motorist. with our road conditions di malayong mangyari to.
    [QUOTE]

sama pa na din diyan ang mga air pollution na malalanghap natin ..

kung lalo na sa mga main road tayo dadaan ..

baka maging sakitin lang tayo lalo dahil sa sa dumi na sasagap natin na hangin

aside pa doon sa pag dating mo sa work ay amoy pawis or

amoy araw ka na ..at may libre ka pang pulbos ng alikabok sa mukha

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mas gugustuhin ko pang mag jeep ang mga tao kaysa iencourage ang motor.

a jeep can load up to 16 to 18 person imagine each one of then riding a motorcycle.

Grabe ang pollution nyan! Kawawa tayong mga pedestrian!

6. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    The bike lane at the Circle is TOTALLY USELESS. Every single car/jeep/bus runs on it, but no bikes.

I, for example, study at UP. I wouldn't mind going around in a bike if there was some place I could park the thing where it wouldn't disappear after I come from class. Oh yes, currently I walk around if I have at least 30 minutes to spare.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urban_bicycling

Factors affecting cycling levels may include:

-town planning
    -the cycling infrastructure; cyclist "friendly" vs. cyclist "hostile" infrastructure
    -trip-end facilities
    -providing measures against theft
    -retail policy
    -marketing; the public image of cycling
    -integration with other transport modes

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I used to study at UP. And I would've biked if I was sure mine wouldn't be stolen either. I used to take 30min to 1hour walks, down to my Aunt's house in Project 2 and my girlfriend's (now wife) house in Cubao. Fun, because there are backroads and villages you can walk through without having to breathe in a lot of smoke.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Nakapag-bike lang ako around UP after I graduated, which was just as well, considering that I lived in Manila during my college days. Walking and cycling around the campus can be enjoyable, especially if one stayed close to where the trees are.

If this can be replicated in the metro's streets, along with other cyclist-friendly infrastructures, biking can actually be a viable alternative.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ok sana kaso sobra pollution sa atin. kung sa province siguro ok lang, o marami na atang ganito ginagawa.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gadget Addict - Quezon City Buffered Bike Lanes Divider | Facebook

Do you think this is safe? I was confused on the road markings and when he said two way. It's not intuitive. I only understood when I saw this picture. I think this is dangerous, likely a head on collusion between a car and a bike.

fb_img_1613705766857.jpgfb_img_1613705730168-20-1-.jpg

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tsikot Forums mobile app

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Bicyclist and Motorist, Metro Manila issue re: Bicycle lane