New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ang alam kong hindi lang covered ng comprehensive insurance is nuclear attack.
    Signature

2. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh0027
    paano kaya yun... covered ba din yan sa insurance kung ganyan freak of an accident ang nagyari?

hehe, kahit naman di accident, nagagawan ng paraan para lang makapag claim eh...

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    ayan ang tinatawag na malas

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Trader alive in freak accident

First posted 02:30am (Mla time) April 08, 2006
    By DJ Yap
    Inquirer

Editor's Note: Published on Page A22 of the April 8, 2006 issue of the Philippine Daily Inquirer

A businessman missed being killed or seriously injured yesterday when a massive tree branch fell on the roof of his car in Cubao, Quezon City.

George Israel Jr., 28, was cruising along Dona Juana Rodriguez corner First Street in Barangay Valencia aboard a Toyota Corolla at past 10 a.m. when he saw the branch of a mango tree hurtling toward him.

He only had a moment to duck before the branch, 10-feet-long and almost as thick as a man’s waist, crashed on top of the car, missing him by inches, said SPO2 Crisanto Labrado.

Israel was pulled out of the car, shaken but in one piece. He sustained only scratches in the hands and arms, Labrado said.

Total wreck

His gray Toyota, with plate number TGL-124, was a total wreck, and a chain saw was needed to remove the tree branch from the car top.

Israel told police he was still in a state of shock, but was relieved to be alive. The wind was blowing fiercely that morning when the branch came crashing in the direction of Israel’s car, Labrado said.

The branches of the almost 30-foot mango tree had been some cut off by Manila Electric Company linesmen on one side, but the branch in question apparently fell off by itself, he added.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Happened to my old car (1978 Toyota station wagon) back in the early 90's. I parked my car under the shade of a big tree in one of the local hospitals during my intership. A branch around 4inches in diameter fell on the hood. WASAK. Good thing the insurance paid the damages.

Tagal na non. Sikat pa ang Toyota Station Wagon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
beware of tree