New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Never try to pet those K-9s in malls, no matter what assurance the handler says. A dog lover found out the hard way in Makati...

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/nation/me...-seeks-charges

Woman bitten by K-9 dog in mall seeks charges
    abs-cbnNEWS.com
    Posted at 11/16/2010 8:19 PM | Updated as of 11/17/2010 11:38 AM

MANILA, Philippines - A woman bitten by a bomb-sniffing dog in a mall in Makati over the weekend has sought charges against the mall's security agency.

Virginia Hilario complained that the security agency employing the K-9 dog's handler has not paid for her hospital expenses amounting to P50,000.

Hilario sustained deep wounds in the face after being attacked by the dog.

"Kung may mangyayaring ganyan, alam nila yung necessary precaution, wag silang tumalikod sa responsibilidad nila," she told ABS-CBN News.

The Makati police said charges of reckless imprudence resulting in physical injury and violation of the Anti-Rabies Act of 2007 will be filed against the security agency and the K-9 dog's handler. - Report from Gretchen Malalad, ABS-CBN News

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    amoy bomba / terorista siguro itong timang na babae na ito.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    tangek yung bebot... sa bagay na ganyan ingat-ingat kahit na animal lover ka or yung animal love siya... Pwede na siya sa PETA... Pag Epal Talagang Aatakihin

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I love dogs and I used to do this too but only for Labrador K-9s since it is inate for this breed to have good temperament. I won't be doing this anymore though after learning about this.

I wonder which mall.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    I sympathize with this woman but there are lessons to be learned here:

1. Never try to pet a police or guard dog no matter how "cute" or friendly looking it might seem. It is not a pet but a work animal who is likely to respond only to its handler. It will consider a stranger as a threat.

2. Sue the hell out of the security agency if the attack was unprovoked.

3. News reporters should learn that "K9 dog" is redundant. K9 comes from the word "canine" meaning "dog". That's like saying "feline cat".

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    langhiya... reckless imprudence? sino? yung aso o yung sikyu? pinalapa ba nung sikyu yung babae sa aso? amoy bomba ba yung babae kaya siya nilapa?

baka naman yung babae yung naging reckless. pakialaman ba naman ang asong di sa kanya, ganyang talaga ang mapapala. kahit sinong me alagang aso, alam kung papaano dapat kumilos sa ibang aso na di kanya.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    dapat in-admire na lang niya yung dog, tinitigan....no touch.

yan tuloy napala nya.........

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Malakas siguro bomba nun babae... pumuputok talaga,,, naka sleeveless pa naman....

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by JackFlash View Post
    I sympathize with this woman but there are lessons to be learned here:

1. Never try to pet a police or guard dog no matter how "cute" or friendly looking it might seem. It is not a pet but a work animal who is likely to respond only to its handler. It will consider a stranger as a threat.

2. Sue the hell out of the security agency if the attack was unprovoked.

3. News reporters should learn that "K9 dog" is redundant. K9 comes from the word "canine" meaning "dog". That's like saying "feline cat".
    i agree with this, i have a friend that is a u.s. marine corps dog handler. one thing he told me is to never touch police/military dogs no matter how nice they are once it feels there is a threat it will attack. especially belgian malinois, they are very play full but are the quickest to attack. also kahit close friend mo yung hanlder wag na wag daw tatakbo papunta sa handler in any direction coming from, the dog will automatically be in defensive mode and attack once your in his range.

10. Join Date
    May 2009
    Legally may laban siguro yung babae kasi alam naman ng handler ang temperament ng aso nya and he has the responsibility to protect others from his dog; under the anti-rabies act of 2007:
    Sec. 5. Responsibilities of Pet Owner. - All Pet Owners shall be required to:

(a) Have their Dog regularly vaccinated against Rabies and maintain a registration card which shall contain all vaccinations conducted on their Dog, for accurate record purposes.

(b) Submit their Dogs for mandatory registration.

(c) Maintain control over their Dog and not allow it to roam the streets or any Public Place without a leash.

(d) Be a responsible Owner by providing their Dog with proper grooming, adequate food and clean shelter.

(e) Within twenty-four (24) hours, report immediately any Dog biting incident to the Concerned Officials for investigation or for any appropriate action and place such Dog under observation by a government or private veterinarian.

(f) Assist the Dog bite victim immediately and shoulder the medical expenses incurred and other incidental expenses relative to the victim's injuries.
    Sya dapat ang nagdala sa victim sa hospital and pay for the expenses incurred.

PERO, ito naman kasing biktima nagpapa-cute pa sa mga kasama... bakit mo naman lalapitan at pipilitin hawakan ang mga K9s di ba? Ako nga lumalayo ako sa mga yan at hindi ko naman alam kung matatapang...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Beware of K-9s in Malls...