New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    di ba nagkaroon din ng issue yung sa mga call centers na handle is accts. kapag nakukuha nila yung card no. ng customers at pin, gnagamit ng ibang sira ulo na agent is isusulat at may pambayad sa mga online transactions/orders like ebay, etc.. mas delikado pa yun..

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    170: happens quite often, yet usually they're stopped rather quickly and apprehended rather easily due to office records hehe.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBimmer View Post
    well last time na gumastos ako ng malaki almost 40k in one day (baby supplies, grocery stuff n misc stuff), BPI called me up through my cellphone to confirm my purchases, now that is the best security, para kung may erratic spending patterns, mahuhuli agad nila.

ok talaga BPI
    Aha! Over 40k credit limit! :naughty2:

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pero after a while (if you do a lot of purchases), they don't bother calling you... Had made purchases for tickets, hotel stays, online (paypal) and others the past 2 months and they never called... Panay check nalang sa online banking to make sure hehe

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Those embedded chips are only useful when all the CC machines look for them. Marami pa ring old units na yung magnetic strip lang ang binabasa, and if you've seen arcades like Timezone and Powerstation, you'll know how trivial it is to write data to one of those.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kahit naman embedded SIM module, it's still DATA... any DATA can be duplicated, it's just a matter of the cloner having the right tools and decription knowledge to use the data.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    my card got cloned and I got more than a 100k bill. sa causeway dyan sa may libis ang suspect namin ng bangko. but i was using the magnetic type of card. they issued me a card with microchip, safe na daw yun.

yun kasi yun pinakamatagal na billing and I believe I signed more than 4 receipts. hanggang 2-3 lang daw dapat sabi ng fraud division. hindi ko na alam ang naging outcome nun kaso na yun kasi cleared naman ako. the bank called while the cloned card is being posted sa isang talyer, nasa bahay ako nun. so how can i be in 2 places at one time. but they suspect it's the resto owner or probably, the waiters nga.

so be very very vigilant lalo na pag sa mga restos, try to time the card. and if sa groceries daw and the cashier tells you sir pupunta lang ako sa customer service to swipe your card kasi sira nasa terminal. follow her! kasi andun daw posible ang cloning device.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    SCENE 1. This is a new one.???anyway, just incase lang,
    A friend went to the local gym and placed his belongings in the locker. After the workout and a shower, he came out, saw the locker open, and thought to himself, "Funny, I thought I locked the locker.
    Hmmmmm." He dressed and just flipped the wallet to make sure all was in order. Everything looked okay - all cards were in place.
    A few weeks later his credit card bill came - a whooping bill of $14,000!
    He called the credit card company and started yelling at them, saying that he did not make the transactions. Customer care personnel verified that there was no mistake in the system and asked if his card had been stolen.
    "No," he said, but then took out his wallet, pulled out the credit card, and yep - you guessed it - a switch had been made. An expired similar credit card from the same bank was in the wallet. The thief broke into his locker at the gym and switched cards.
    Verdict: The credit card issuer said since he did not report the card missing earlier, he would have to pay the amount owed to them. How much did he have to pay for items he did not buy? $9,000! Why were there no calls made to verify the amount swiped? Small amounts rarely trigger a "warning bell" with some credit card companies. It just so happens that all the small amounts added up to big one!

SCENE 2. A man at a local restaurant paid for his meal with his credit card. The bill for the meal came, he signed it, and the waitress folded the receipt and passed the credit card along.
    Usually, he would just take it and place it in his wallet or pocket. Funny enough, though, he actually took a look at the card and, lo and behold, it was the expired card of another person. He called the waitress and she looked perplexed. She took it back, apologized, and hurried back to the counter under the watchful eye of the man. All the waitress did while walking to the counter was wave the wrong expired card to the counter cashier, and the counter cashier immediately looked down and took out the real card. No exchange of words --- nothing! She took it and came back to the man with an apology.
    Verdict: Make sure the credit cards in your wallet at yours. Check the name on the card every time you sign for something and/or the card is taken away for even a short period of time. Many people just take back the credit card without even looking at it, "assuming" that it has to be theirs.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    That's why I have a picture in my visa card para ma-notice if a switching took place pero syempre di pa rin malalaman kung na-swipe na sa duplicator yung card ko.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    That's why I have a picture in my visa card para ma-notice if a switching took place pero syempre di pa rin malalaman kung na-swipe na sa duplicator yung card ko.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Beware: "Credit Card Cloning"