New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Storie like these made me stop giving to beggars. Now i only give to the blind playing music or the ones selling something.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Forget the stories, we have a law that prohibits giving alms to beggars:

Presidential Decree No. 1563 : PHILIPPINE LAWS, STATUTES and CODES : CHAN ROBLES VIRTUAL LAW LIBRARY

Sec. 5. Criminal Liability. A mendicant as defined in Paragraph (a) Sec. 3 hereof, shall, upon conviction, be punished by a fine not exceeding P500.00 or by imprisonment for a period not exceeding 2 years or both at the discretion of the court.

A habitual mendicant shall be punished by a fine not exceeding P1,000.00 or by imprisonment for a period not exceeding 4 years or both at the discretion of the court.

Parents of exploited infants or minors under Sec. 4 of this Decree shall be proceeded against in accordance with Articles 59 and 60 of Presidential Decree No. 603, unless they are themselves mendicants.

Any person who abets mendicancy by giving alms directly to mendicants, exploited infants and minors on public roads, sidewalks, parks and bridges shall be punished by a fine nor exceeding P20.00.
    Pretty useless fine, but still...

3. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by goo View Post
    Forget the stories, we have a law that prohibits giving alms to beggars:

Presidential Decree No. 1563 : PHILIPPINE LAWS, STATUTES and CODES : CHAN ROBLES VIRTUAL LAW LIBRARY

Pretty useless fine, but still...
    Repealed.

i Forget when it was relealed.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Lately(2days ago)a pregnant woman approached us in a lab test building asking for some help as she said her daughter is in a emergency situation in a hospital,for some reason ,naawa naman ako,so kahit konti naabutan ko,pagkaalis ng babae tsaka Lang may nag sabi na ,she's back,

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by keithdb View Post
    Storie like these made me stop giving to beggars. Now i only give to the blind playing music or the ones selling something.
    Some of them are also controlled by syndicates.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    I only give food. Never a centavo

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Beggar trying to fool students