New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Focusing more on assumptions (the 'incompetence' of the SUV driver) rather than the proven fact (the misdeed of the tricycle driver), are we?

All I can say is, that's one less idiot on the road.

Then watch as his family press for charges, after being urged by moronic extreme leftists.

"The big bad rich SUV killed one of our family! The rich are oppressing us! We are the victims! Logic and the law be damned!"

---------

On the more technical side, I'm not surprised the Montero wasn't able to hold it even after being rammed by something small. I've always thought its suspension was too soft (but very comfortable) based on driving experiences.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by hondaboot View Post
    babae ang driver ng Montero. it figures kaya tumaob din sya. mahirap talaga pa-drive-in ang mga girls ng malalaking sasakyan, it's like a loose canon

i agree with the other poster. hindi sya dapat ganun kabilis magpatakbo lalo na kung pa-underpass

i think the montero driver is also at fault kasi hindi sya talaga marunong magmaneho ng malaking sasakyan, pati mga sakay nya sinaktan nya kasi nagpanic yan. papatakbo ng sobrang bilis tapos magpa-panic

the tricycle driver is a given. once di-nrive nya yun sa EDSA, yun isang paa nya nasa hukay na talaga. siguro katwiran kung motor ng 2 wheel pwede pano pa 3 wheel? oh well

===============

the scary part here is whenever i see female drivers of big SUVs medyo iwas na ako. this morning lang i saw an early twenties something girl driving a 3rd strada, tapos tawa sya ng sya while conversing with her passenger
    Maniniwala nga yata akong si OB at si Hondaboot ay iisa....

11.8K:burn:

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Gaano kabilis ang sobrang bilis? Wala namang nag momonitor ng speed limit sa edsa. At kung sa edsa ka nagmamaneho at para kang pagong magmaneho siguradong tutumbukin ka or cucut ka lagi ng ibang sasakyan.

babae ang driver ng Montero. it figures kaya tumaob din sya. mahirap talaga pa-drive-in ang mga girls ng malalaking sasakyan, it's like a loose canon

i agree with the other poster. hindi sya dapat ganun kabilis magpatakbo lalo na kung pa-underpass

i think the montero driver is also at fault kasi hindi sya talaga marunong magmaneho ng malaking sasakyan, pati mga sakay nya sinaktan nya kasi nagpanic yan. papatakbo ng sobrang bilis tapos magpa-panic

the tricycle driver is a given. once di-nrive nya yun sa EDSA, yun isang paa nya nasa hukay na talaga. siguro katwiran kung motor ng 2 wheel pwede pano pa 3 wheel? oh well

===============

the scary part here is whenever i see female drivers of big SUVs medyo iwas na ako. this morning lang i saw an early twenties something girl driving a 3rd strada, tapos tawa sya ng sya while conversing with her passenger

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Tigas talaga ng ulo...... akala siguro mas matigas pa sa bakal..... sabagay parehong lumambot.... yun ulo saka yun bakal.......

kung sinusunod lang kung ano ang bawal eh di sana walang ganyang pangyayari.....

5. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

^^^ Agree with Big daddy. Let's not pass judgement on our lady-drivers.

In the first place, the accident should not have happened if the driver has not driven his tricycle in EDSA. Tricycles are not allowed in major thoroughfares. Cause and effect. No contest on this.

Ang driver ng tricycle (RIP) ang nandamay. Technically, he is responsible for the accident for not following the traffic regulation/law.

11.8K:burn:
    *CVT, the more we believe that accidents won't happen provided that rules are followed is the more accidents will happen. imho.

we live in a world where no matter how much we have achieved in life there are people out there who breed stupidity and ka-jologan enough to think that not using the headlights saves fuel.

we can clamor all we want about what is right and what is wrong. but i believe defensive driving was never applied here * all. i may sound chauvinistic for saying this, but that answers the question, the driver was a young girl with a tank of weapon.

never mind the tricycle driver, pero yun pag-turn turtle indicates that she was driving at very high speed. buti na lang walang nadamay na ibang private motorists, lalo na a smaller car than the montero.

and for those females here who are dreaming of big and burly SUV. let this be a guide too: getting one doesn't make you invincible.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005

===============

That's a very ***ist remark not based on facts. Insurance premiums in the states are higher for males than for females because based on statistical evidence, females are much safer drivers than men.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Bawal ang Tricycle sa EDSA