New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I saw a guy, they removed his helmet and bandana, poured multiple tabo of water on his head AND SHAMPOO. The taong bayan literally shampooed his hair and rinsed it. Those were at least 10 men surrounding him.

The mere touching of body parts with consent (even non s3xual) feels like assault na.
    Last edited by _Cathy_; July 1st, 2024 at 05:15 PM.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    is it possible,
    it was all a show?

3. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    again... its always been like this sa San Juan... bawal ang pikon.

I remember the old days nung wala pang centralized locking ang cars. they will try to open you door tapos sewerage water gamit nila

the saddest part is hindi naman si St. John yung Patron Saint ng San Juan - so walang sense yung "water" hahaha

kaka-declare lang nila na Patron saint nila si St. John...

4. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post

I remember the old days nung wala pang centralized locking ang cars. they will try to open you door tapos sewerage water gamit nila

the saddest part is hindi naman si St. John yung Patron Saint ng San Juan - so walang sense yung "water" hahaha

Ah but didn't John the Baptist use water to baptize Jesus? Kaya siguro dun galing yung basaan?

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    is it possible,
    it was all a show?
    The shampooing? Definitely not. I could see how defeated the man looked like. Sakit sa heart.

SEWERAGE WATER? WTF? So apparently these things lumalabas lang because of social media

How disappointing ang disrespectful ng madaming Pilipino. Wala talagang good manners.

Pero the name of their city is San Juan/St John? Baka because of that?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    SEWERAGE WATER? WTF? So apparently these things lumalabas lang because of social media

How disappointing ang disrespectful ng madaming Pilipino. Wala talagang good manners.

Pero the name of their city is San Juan/St John? Baka because of that?
    yes... matagal nang ganito sa San Juan kapag fiesta... pero it was stopped during Covid. and now, we have Social Media (everyone's a reporter now)

and yes, they do it bec of St. John the Baptist, pero this year lang nila naging Patron Saint si St. John... so yung previous years were all "nakasanayan lang"

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    There's another story on FB about a person who was on her way to a job interview as an OFW and on the way napadaan sila sa San Juan and she pleaded with the revelrers not to pour water on her but it fell on deaf ears and she ended up showing up to the site soaking wet with her documents drenched and ayun her interview was considered failed and this was a single parent who wanted to give a better life to her kids. Went she went home, everyone daw gave her odd looks and refused to sit beside her because she was soaked all over.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2024
    yes... matagal nang ganito sa San Juan kapag fiesta... pero it was stopped during Covid. and now, we have Social Media (everyone's a reporter now)

and yes, they do it bec of St. John the Baptist, pero this year lang nila naging Patron Saint si St. John... so yung previous years were all "nakasanayan lang"
    Officially, yes, the city adopted St. John the Baptist as its patron saint recently but for the longest time, the basaan was supposedly due to San Juan being St. John the Baptist.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    The shampooing? Definitely not. I could see how defeated the man looked like. Sakit sa heart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devastator View Post
    There's another story on FB about a person who was on her way to a job interview as an OFW and on the way napadaan sila sa San Juan and she pleaded with the revelrers not to pour water on her but it fell on deaf ears and she ended up showing up to the site soaking wet with her documents drenched and ayun her interview was considered failed and this was a single parent who wanted to give a better life to her kids. Went she went home, everyone daw gave her odd looks and refused to sit beside her because she was soaked all over.
    Which do you think is pleasing to God:

A) rituals of devotion or,
    B) living out one's faith and putting it in practice?

I'm pretty sure its the latter.

If hindi mahal ng tao kapwa tao niya, how can one say na mahal niya ang Diyos na hindi niya nakikita?

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008

the practice has been with us, since the 60s (well, that's when i learned to read the 'papers). hindi lang sa san juan, but also in manila (Patron Saint of Quiapo), and the rest of ncr.
    initially, the amount of water used was minimal, and it was clean.
    then bad-doers started getting ideas...
    i recall the city of manila banned the practice (for a while?), because of the escalating malpractice...
    Last edited by dr. d; July 1st, 2024 at 08:00 PM.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Basaan sa San Juan