New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    dadami lalo ang motor

hindi lahat ng mayari ng phased-out na sasakyan ay afford bumili ng bagong sasakyan

bibili nalang ng motor

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    I think this is short-sighted and whoever thought of this probably has more nuts in their brain than a jar of peter pan crunchy peanut butter.

If they plan on banning 10-year old vehicles, they must be prepared to put all the banned cars somewhere for storage or for export to Africa or somewhere else further down on the economic ladder than our country. I thought we were all supposed to recycle to keep our world green?

If they ban someone's vehicle and that same person cannot afford a new vehicle, then the person will have to take public transport. Our public transport system is a joke. They will have to upgrade this first. As it is, they'd rather throw the money into rehabilitating Edsa so we can impress folks in the 2014 economic summit.

The bulk of commercial public transport vehicles are well over 10 years old. If this happens, then we will see an increase in unemployed drivers unless the government is able to help the owners get replacement vehicles. Those drivers are voters. It's an election year. Hmm...

If you ask me, everyone wants a new car. Who doesn't? It's just that not everybody is in the financial position to purchase a new vehicle every so often. If they do implement this, then they would need to discuss this not just with the automotive sector but with the banking sector as well.

Ah... Our Government as always is full of knee-jerk reactions. We need a true visionary who's not afraid of surrounding themselves with the best & brightest economists and not more squabbling grandstanding politicians. Oh well. Such is life.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    fine! let's start with that group of motor vehicles that has consistently shown outstanding ability to spew out polluting gases: the PUJs, PUBs, taxis, and the tricycle!

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    All I can say about this proposal is...

WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

I'd like to see whoever proposed this justify it by proving that new subcompacts like the Kia Rio, Hyundai Accent and current Honda Jazz are more economical than a ten year old Honda Jazz iDSi.

Or that scrapping a ten year old, highly economical Toyota Vios 1.3 Taxi will actually lessen pollution. You'll scrap a car that still has 100,000 to 200,000 kilometers of life left in it, which gets 10-15 km/l in traffic just to replace it with a brand new one that gets exactly the same economy and gives the same emissions? And then what? That old Vios goes to the scrapheap? Gets sold to exporters who will lowball owners because foreign buyers won't buy those cars at more than half their local resale value? Good luck. Only way that's happening is if the government pays the difference in resale. To make a ten year old Jazz a good buy to secondhand buyers outside the country, the government will basically have to pay owners 200,000+++ in subsidies to offset their losses in terms of resale.

What we need is a ten year structural recertification and inspection (tax bonanza), a fifteen year recertification and inspection (bigger tax bonanza) and yearly recertifications after that. There's your tax bonus and incentive for people to buy new cars. Offer to buyback cars that fail the fifteen year recertification or give a tax credit to replacing them with a new car.

But ban ten year old cars? What decade do they think we're living in? The eighties?
    Last edited by niky; February 8th, 2013 at 08:12 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    I will only agree to this if:

1. They are able to fully implement this to the public transport system.
    2. Improve our mass rail system ( lrt and mrt ).
    3. The dealers would give affordable and reasonable rates for their brand new units,

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    minsan napapa-isip ako na baka chinese gov't. na nagpapatakbo sa atin, kasi nangongopya nalng din ng mga proposal sa ibang bansa e

7. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    paano naman kaming mahihirap .sa kagustuhan mag ka sasakyan e / 10years old car pataas lang ang kayang namin bilhin .

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    ayusin na lang nila yung existing rules.. like LTO.. pag hindi na road worthy ang sasakyan.. pag puro kalawang na.. lalo na pag PUV.. wag na nila payagang i register.. sa ganon.. mapipilitang alagaan nang mga may sasakyan yung mga sasakyan nila..

tapos yung mga city government naman.. wag nila payagan may nag pa park sa mga kalsada.. i tow lahat.. pag walang parking walang karapatan magkasasakyan.. ang tapat nang bahay ay hindi parking..

9. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Manilablock View Post
    i-ban na lang nila ang gasolina at diesel, mag all electric vehicles na lang tayo

o kaya bike! more bike lanes!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Kailangan pang idaan sa legislation yan.
    At walang politiko na mag sponsor nyan. kiss of death sa political career nya yan.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Banning 10-year-old cars eyed as one way to spur industry growth