New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    1. i think (only?) japan has a rule against older cars on the road. but they can afford it..
    2. they got the idea right, when they went after polluting vehicles. but they painted themselves into a corner when they declared a necessary smoke emissions test. tuloy kasi, kahit obvious na na itim, hindi pa rin magawan ng kaso dahil walang emissions print-out.
    Last edited by dr. d; October 1st, 2014 at 05:05 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    1. i think (only?) japan has a rule against older cars on the road. but they can afford it..
    And they have very good recycling and waste disposal scheme.

Isa pa malulugi din jan yung mga 2nd hand car dealers.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Yup.. Surplus car parts and engine nila binebenta nila sa ibang bansa. Kasama na tayo sa kumukuha sa kanila.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    US have cash for clunkers.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

5. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    I have no complaints kun gagawin nila dito yung cash for clunkers. :D

And from what people have been saying (and I agree with them) dapat maging mas maganda at mas maging efficient ang mass-transit/public transportation system naten. Ang problem kasi pag commute, siksikan na tapos ang bagal pa dahil sa mga stops. Di mo pa sure kung makakasakay ka pa lalo na kung wala ka sa dulo ng route (example: sasakay ka sa Bicutan ng bus, pero sa Alabang palang di aalis ng hindi puno ang bus. makakasakay ka pa kaya?)

This, in my opinion, drives most people who can buy an old car to buy one (me included, 93 Corolla). Mas namamanage mo kasi time mo at mas comfortable pa, even if mas mahal ang pag gasolina sa pag commute.

6. Join Date
    May 2004
    IF they really are serious in implementing the ban, then they should come up with solutions on how to address the shortage of vehicles in the public transport business. With the inept efficiency of mass transportation (and the lack of it), the commuting public will be the ones to suffer the most. Even if you raise the registration fees, the private vehicle owners will pay them (sentimental reasons ). Unless economics of maintenance come into the picture.

Come to think of it, IF we subject ourselves to an emission test every time we get the vehicles registered, why do we need the ASBU in the first place if the LTO people were doing their jobs properly?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    so how are they gonna do it?
    impound all and any vehicle older than 15 years old?
    san nila ilalagay, sa philippine deep?
    or mebbe, ship it to some other Almighty-forsaken lugar like...?

as i always say... before making new laws, why not implement already-existing ones?

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    2. they got the idea right, when they went after polluting vehicles. but they painted themselves into a corner when they declared a necessary smoke emissions test. tuloy kasi, kahit obvious na na itim, hindi pa rin magawan ng kaso dahil walang emissions print-out.
    if memory serves me right 10 years ang singapore.
    hindi talaga pwedeng pagbasehan ang age... it should be the car condition ang basis.
    my 10-yr old vvti innova doesn't seem to emit black smoke till now compared to some new diesel fed AUVs/SUVs i've seen on the street.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    what is behind the construction of the law?

they should have created a law banning un - maintained or improperly maintained vehicles on the road(slex and nlex enforcing this since it's a privately owned road?)

public utility vehicles managed by the ltrtfb already imposed such rule(puv s' only 5 years for taxi? 7 years for bus and jeeps?- problem is cheating(they kept refurbishing the body but not the engine) and enforcement)

improperly maintained- how? - via booklet or service manual(your pms ladies and gents to be done by an autoshop with proper registration in any lgu(so kung may business permit suki niyong mechanic yan pwede)- incase of engine, brakes and internal stuff- showing that the car is properly maintained at intevals of 10,000km for private and 3,000 km for public) can be enforced by the lto prior and every registration renewal

;or by plain view such as deteriorated tires, not working signal lights, headlights.

if we want to be viewed as a civilized society that's the price

but banning a well maintained vehicle on the basis of it's age is just plain absurd and unjust restriction to/of property rights

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    This ain't gonna happen :D

Malamang nag iinuman session lang yung nakaisip neto

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast