Hi Guys!

Also had a bad experience with Sumo Sam... bad service talaga.

These incidents happened one dinnertime:

1. Asked for a glass of water - took 30 minutes and 4 requests. Ang bad trip dito, yung nag-serve parang galit pa.
2. We ordered a viand and then sa ibang table dinala (nasa table na namin pero kinuha ulit). When the server brought the viand, sabi ko amin yan, we ordered for one. Then hindi nakinig, check daw muna pero dinala sa ibang table (traced the server where he brought it). Tapos after 15 minutes, I followed up on this then sinabi na-serve na daw. I proved na wala pang dinala and in fairness naman, they gave us another one. Putcha talaga.
3. Ordered additional food - around 30 minutes na wala pa, to think tempura stuff lang. I followed up and sabi wala daw na-order tapos tinanong ko yung server na kumuha ng order and sabi niya, nakalimutan daw. WTF?
4. The worst so far - when I asked for the bill, the manager (I assume) was the one who brought the bill with a displeasant look on her face. After we paid, she didn't even bother to say "Thank You."

The food in Sumo Sam is good. But if the people who manage and operate it don't do something about the bad service, then I believe it is doomed to fail.

I also remember one time we ate at a grill resto in GB3. Sobrang bastos nung manager - my colleague was still clarifying things about the bill and suddenly tinalikuran siya nung manager, walked away and did not come back.