New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 472 of 498 FirstFirst ... 372422462468469470471472473474475476482 ... LastLast
Results 4,711 to 4,720 of 4978
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    dito sa las pinas, two-lane naman ang alabang-zapote road on each side, hilig nyan mga naka motor bumabad sa left lane kahit maluwag yung right lane.. tapos ayaw pa tumabi sa right side pag binusinahan mo..

tapos madalas pa yung liko muna bago lingon
    They're like that everywhere...😱

2. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Road hogs. I encounter one at least weekly. They are not in the center of their lane, going slower than the rest, sometimes between 2 lanes. When I try to overtake, some of them speed up instead of giving way then back to their ways. I suspect they are using their phones.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    Road hogs. I encounter one at least weekly. They are not in the center of their lane, going slower than the rest, sometimes between 2 lanes. When I try to overtake, some of them speed up instead of giving way then back to their ways. I suspect they are using their phones.

I hate these specially at curves, it's very dangerous.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    So I just discovered this new hashtag: 今日のプリウス

As it turns out, the car of choice for "kamotes" in Japan is the Prius. They even have a hashtag specifically used for uploading pictures/videos of idiots in Priuses (how do you pluralize that? lol). It's translated as "today's Prius", suggesting that these encounters are pretty common!

https://www.youtube.com/hashtag/今日のプリウス

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post

As it turns out, the car of choice for "kamotes" in Japan is the Prius. They even have a hashtag specifically used for uploading pictures/videos of idiots in Priuses (how do you pluralize that? lol). It's translated as "today's Prius", suggesting that these encounters are pretty common!

but in truth,
    i have seen this type of driver behavior from other car models as well...
    i wonder why they zeroed in on the prius?

6. Join Date
    Dec 2019

Motorists in Japan maybe gets annoyed when they see a Prius on the road.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    but in truth,
    i have seen this type of driver behavior from other car models as well...
    i wonder why they zeroed in on the prius?
    Alam mo bakit doc? Kasi libre lang siya dun sa japan kaya tinawag siya na “free-use”…. Bad motoring etiquette: What you hate the most.Bad motoring etiquette: What you hate the most.Bad motoring etiquette: What you hate the most.Bad motoring etiquette: What you hate the most.Bad motoring etiquette: What you hate the most.Bad motoring etiquette: What you hate the most.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012

A Japanese friend of mine hates those Prius because they usually drive slow in order for the car to use the battery instead of gas.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Hindi lang dito pala itong ugaling ito or pinoy sila?

Canada Passes New Regulations to Stop People Driving Without Headlights at Night

Last edited by bloowolf; September 11th, 2021 at 08:21 AM.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    Hindi lang dito pala itong ugaling ito or pinoy sila?

Canada Passes New Regulations to Stop People Driving Without Headlights at Night

locally,
    probably borne out of yesterdecades' automotive generators.
    automobile generators, before alternators, were known for under-charging the car battery, when driven at slower speed.
    not using the headlights back then, was a common practice believed to lessen the battery's discharge rate.
    as late as the 60s, car batteries were de rigueur re-charged regularly by external battery chargers, to keep them healthy.

and yes,
    not everybody remembers that an important function of the headlights, is to warn the other motorists that there is a moving car out there that occupies space and has to be avoided.

btw,
    i personally have observed that, at night, a number of car bumper lights, are actually even more glaring than their headlights.
    while the low-beam headlights are traditionally aimed low, some bumper lights are either aimed straight horizontally, or their reflectors are not designed to contain glare.
    someone here pointed out some time ago, that big T's bumper lights are notorious for this. is it the factory bumper lights, or is it the owner-upgraded version...?

Bad motoring etiquette: What you hate the most.