New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by CHUCKY View Post
    I have been a patient of Medical City for 3 years now (the new one near
    Meralco) and i haven't had any bad experience while i was confined their. Neither did my family nor my relatives have any complaints. The Doctors and all the staff are sobrang bait and very attentive, feels like you're in a hotel not in a hospital. Thumbs up for them.

By the way, about the parking, seems you got the idea wrong. Where did you ever get that information? I know a lot of doctors there and especially a lot of nurses and nai-kwento nila about the parking. Sa Basement 1 meron pala reserved area which were bought by the famous doctors there and most of the other doctors there don't own a slot they just pay the monthly parking fee or something. At kaya basement 3 lang ang available is because puno na yung basement 1 and 2 at that time. I've had that same experience when i was directed to go to basement 3 when i went in for a check up around 2pm. You should try going there after 5 and you'll find a lot of parking spaces in basement 1. The parking fee is quite reasonable kasi covered area ang parking, well lighted and ventilated and most noticibly well protected. Napakabait pa ng mga parking attendants. Thumbs up din sa kanila.
    Same here...

No bad experience with Medical City at all. Their doctors were great. Their staff were attentive and helpful too.

About the parking, yes Basement 1 is reserved for the doctors only, and the remaining basements are for the public's use. I couldn't complain about their parking slots since when I usually go there, there's always a vacant slot available despite the time and the day.

But I also see doctors parking on the basements 2 and 3. Baka wala lang maparkingan.

:2thumbsup: for medical city

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My only complaint is with the elevators in the medical arts tower. There are six passenger elevators and its still not enough to accomodate patients going up. They should install more.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I know of 2 cases just recently of the patients dying of sepsis (spelling?) in Medical City. A supposed minor operation turned resulted to the death of 2 patients (one of them being a doctor there).

Then just last month our APE (annual Physical Exam) results came out. Some of us were surprised to have stool exam results without them giving stool samples. Right now my wife gets checked up there monthly by her OB and I'm really having second thoughts if its a good idea for her to give birth there.

(I also heard that their operating room/s have cocroaches - not sure on this one but the 2 patients who died of sepsis, we personally know)

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by praetor91313 View Post
    I would like to make sure that this was what was said. If it is, the he could have just prescribed paracetamol or advil for the fever while you're waiting for the results.

Marami kasing patients na nagsasabi, "Dok, antibiotic lang naman kailangan ko talaga. Hinid mo ba ko mabibigyan ng antibiotic?" That's the time we say, "We have to wait for the tests first so we can make sure. There's a rise in Dengue cases right now, and if we find out later that it's Dengue, then the antibiotic I would have prescribed is completely useless and you just wasted your money buying them."
    with you on this one, damned if you do, damned if you dont..

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by praetor91313 View Post
    I would like to make sure that this was what was said. If it is, the he could have just prescribed paracetamol or advil for the fever while you're waiting for the results.

Marami kasing patients na nagsasabi, "Dok, antibiotic lang naman kailangan ko talaga. Hinid mo ba ko mabibigyan ng antibiotic?" That's the time we say, "We have to wait for the tests first so we can make sure. There's a rise in Dengue cases right now, and if we find out later that it's Dengue, then the antibiotic I would have prescribed is completely useless and you just wasted your money buying them."
    Hmmm.

baka aspirin lang yung nasa utak nung doctor na yun... weird though.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Altis6453 View Post
    My only complaint is with the elevators in the medical arts tower. There are six passenger elevators and its still not enough to accomodate patients going up. They should install more.
    Uhhhh I think hindi na pwede yun mag-install ng bago. Sa blueprint pa lang ng building pina-plan na yan and hindi yan nurse station na pwede lang ilagay even people demands for additional elevators.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
    Uhhhh I think hindi na pwede yun mag-install ng bago. Sa blueprint pa lang ng building pina-plan na yan and hindi yan nurse station na pwede lang ilagay even people demands for additional elevators.

True. They could replace the existing ones with bigger cars to acommodate more patients.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    same here positive experience sa TMC ortigas since my gf got pregnant. OB checkups...delivery..and my daughter and gf's checkup

meron din naman slot sa basement 1..but nun pumupunta me dun usually sa basement 2

nahirapan lang kami 1 time dahil under maintanance 1 elevator buti na lang mababait tao(dala ko stroller and my daughter) pina una kami

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
BAD experience with Medical City