New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    ^^ i agree with you bro! kasi dapat maverify yun tao mismo na nakahold. mahirap yun na name lang tapos walang pagkukumparahan.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    hi. Sir kinyo:

Quote Originally Posted by kinyo View Post

palusot ako, eh engineering consultant lang ako ah, hindi ako officially govt employee, bale self-employed lang, nagkataon lang kliyente ko gobyerno ... "kahit na" raw, basta sa govt pa rin ako.

sa susunod sasabihin ko na lang retired na ako
    akala ko kasi nagpapalusot ka nga lang...so i answered this:

Quote Originally Posted by ab_initio View Post
    AUTHORITY TO TRAVEL ABROAD. kelangan talaga yan Sir. for some group of government employees, travelling without it constitutes both criminal and administrative offenses.

i know of somebody who denied his government employment but then when he was in Malaysia, he was robbed, his passport was likewise taken by the criminal. He was left without a choice but to ask the Phil consulate to reconstitute his travel docs. pag uwi niya, may kaso na siya...
    sa palagay ko Sir hindi mo na kelangan ng travel authority.

"You see, I am not officially an employee of the govt. I am not in the govt payroll. I am not a GSIS member."

there's no nexus e.

pero minsan ang sa immigration di nila alam mag classify e. so better say "i am not in any way connected with the government".
    sa immigration slip occupation mo, sabihin mo na lang private_____.
    Last edited by ab_initio; December 24th, 2008 at 12:49 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ab_initio View Post
    hi. Sir kinyo:

akala ko kasi nagpapalusot ka nga lang...so i answered this:

sa palagay ko Sir hindi mo na kelangan ng travel authority.

"You see, I am not officially an employee of the govt. I am not in the govt payroll. I am not a GSIS member."

there's no nexus e.

pero minsan ang sa immigration di nila alam mag classify e. so better say "i am not in any way connected with the government".
    sa immigration slip occupation mo, sabihin mo na lang private_____.
    ay sorry ... hehe .. yung "palusot" ko is actually the real story

so hindi ko nga kailangan travel authority, as i thought ... salamat

ano yung nexus?

and yes, i am not anymore connected with the govt today

sa kaso ni TS, depende lang talaga sa immigration official kung meron syang consideration o wala, as in, tutulungan ka ba para makaalis ka or wala lang bahala ka sa buhay mo

i was proud to state that i work for the government ... maski papano masasabi ko nakatulong ako sa bansa directly in a small way ... but for immigration officials, mukhang liability pa yung pride na yun ... kakaloka

4. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    ^^ Sir, i just remembered the case of former VP Doy Laurel. Laurel v. Desierto, parang may different categories yung govnt employees/ officials. when i get home babasahin ko and i give you the link po. in this case kasi Doy being the chairman of the national centennial celebration, said he is not a public official because he is not receiving any salary...pero the SC said he is...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    ^^nexus-link or connection to consider you as gov employee...

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Just canceled my booking on cebu pacific , original amount of 34,476 minus the penalties, magiging 13,587 natitira, loss 20,889 , In case rebooked daw cheapest will be an ADDITIONAL of 20,000 +++ (parang nag booking na rin ng new)

7. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by fortuner13 View Post
    Just canceled my booking on cebu pacific , original amount of 34,476 minus the penalties, magiging 13,587 natitira, loss 20,889 , In case rebooked daw cheapest will be an ADDITIONAL of 20,000 +++ (parang nag booking na rin ng new)
    Wow sorry to hear about your plight. Pag minamalas nga naman oo. Isipin mo na lang me magandang kapalit yan.

Ang tanong ko lang eh, preventable ba ang ganitong situation? Or we just have to take it as it comes and pray for the best outcome?

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    i just went out twice recently abroad but my travel agent already advised me twice since my name is very very very common to bring my old passport and attach it to the new one... and extra valid id

lesson learned here i think always be prepared i think your travel agent didn't give you much information as to travel issues more so you got a common name they book you in hurry for the money and no concern for your family...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by leonleon View Post
    Wow sorry to hear about your plight. Pag minamalas nga naman oo. Isipin mo na lang me magandang kapalit yan.

Ang tanong ko lang eh, preventable ba ang ganitong situation? Or we just have to take it as it comes and pray for the best outcome?
    if there is no ground for the government to impose a limitation on your right to travel, there is no need for you to even be worried. any governmental procedures that would mean a curtailment of our basic rights shall be construed against them. that's just my take on this. it is incumbent upon them to exercise diligence and not for every juan to prove that he is not in the hdo list.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBakaL View Post
    i just went out twice recently abroad but my travel agent already advised me twice since my name is very very very common to bring my old passport and attach it to the new one... and extra valid id

lesson learned here i think always be prepared i think your travel agent didn't give you much information as to travel issues more so you got a common name they book you in hurry for the money and no concern for your family...

My two old passports are always attached to my current one, just to be sure.... Another reason is that my 10-year visa is in one of the old passports....

7202:bruce_lee:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
B.I.D Hold Departure Order :(