New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    Issuing a check? That's mean that you have to wait for it to clear before going back to claim your item. That's a big inconvenience to me.

As I've said, your are grossly oversimplifying the "10% credit card surcharge" based on wrong assumptions. You have not even answered my rebuttal that the use of credit cards also means less paperwork and footwork while increasing financial controls for some companies. If you are not exposed to the intricate world of financial accounting then you are grossly misinformed - it is that simple.

Userfriendly already gave a very good example and yet you still ignored it. If you still don't get it, let me reiterate: most merchants choose to absorb the credit card charges as part of the overhead expense. It does not directly translate to an instant 10% increase in the retail price.

====

Errr - those are some of items that are not considered to "chargeable" to a credit card. Btw, mahal ang kuha nyo ng semento ha - alam ko ang dealer's price nyan. :bwahaha:

====

The bottomline is that those accepting credit card payments should not add a surcharge. It is that simple.

I regard this already as an off-topic discussion simply because it is already the law that mandates the transparency of the use of cash or charge payments.

If you want to debate about it - go and start a thread. As far as I am concerned, the imposition of surcharges is ILLEGAL. That's final. All other surcharge dicussions will be deleted from hereon.
    shempre yung pinost ko hindi yan ang true cost ng cement, example lang :bwahaha:

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Yup, tama ka. Bawal na yan...

Sa Servitek, Autotechnika & CPM Muffler wala naman surcharge kapag via credit card ang payment.
    sa servitek sto. tomas batangas may additonal na 7% when you pay thru credit card. that was sept. 2006....ewan ko lang ngayon....

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Hi All!

Hmm...

I bought a few things from a 4x4 shop a couple of weeks ago using a credit card and was charged a surcharge for doing so.

I even confirmed with the owner if I would be charged surcharge and he said no. Since he wasn't around when I bought the stuff, I couldn't remind him of what he said.

Imagine my surprise.

In any case, I had no choice but to swallow the charges without flinching.

Bummer.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jazcker View Post
    sa servitek sto. tomas batangas may additonal na 7% when you pay thru credit card. that was sept. 2006....ewan ko lang ngayon....
    Before, the Servitek Fairview, charged additional for parts - no additional charge for labor. Their reason - utang din daw yung mga parts nila.

I don't know if they already changed this policy.

5. Join Date
    May 2004
    MazdaMazda,

It seems to me that my last post was offensive to your eyes. You not only imposed an infraction on me, you also deleted my post, but chose not to explain the nature of the offense. Makes sense somewhere I suppose, but not in my camp.

Whereas you are determined to love your CC and not see the added 10% expenditure, be content and live happily. I'm tired of trying to educate adults.

Pencils

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    If you want to debate about it - go and start a thread. As far as I am concerned, the imposition of surcharges is ILLEGAL. That's final. All other surcharge dicussions will be deleted from hereon.
    Was this so hard to understand?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Pencils View Post
    MazdaMazda,

It seems to me that my last post was offensive to your eyes. You not only imposed an infraction on me, you also deleted my post, but chose not to explain the nature of the offense. Makes sense somewhere I suppose, but not in my camp.

Whereas you are determined to love your CC and not see the added 10% expenditure, be content and live happily. I'm tired of trying to educate adults.

Pencils
    As I've said - there will be no more discussing about the ethics, computation, etc. of surcharges or credit card use. This thread is about the ILLEGAL imposition of surcharge as deemed by the Department of Trade and Industry.

///MPower summed it up. It seems like you weren't even reading our posts here while continuously trying to "educate" us. I have warned everyone already to not further discuss this here as this is going way off topic already from the intended message by the thread starter.

If you want to continue on trying to "educate" us - go and post in the credit card thread or start yourself a new thread. I am not preventing you from preaching your gospel for as long as put it in the proper thread.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
AUTOSHOPS - May dagdag when paying via credit card (surcharge)