New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I live in a condo bldg that is populated by some 30% koreans. and all I can do is agree to to the threadstarter.

incident 1, we own an empty commercial space in the ground floors. everytime, na visit ko yun site naman, yun koreano may ari ng katabi space, laging pino-post sa pinto namin yun advertisements ng shop nya. and with a big printed arrow pa pointing sa door nya

incident 2, nagparenovate kami some 3 months ago. and yun allowed na renovation schedule ng bldg is only between 6pm to 2pm. we received a complaint from another korean unit owner coursed thru roving guards/admin na ipagtigil daw yun pag-amoy pintura ng renovation namin. hello, eh ano gagawin namin. renovation nga eh. nag-renovate nga kami sa allowed renovation time kasi at 7pm sarado na naman lahat ng shops.

incident 3, meron vacant space for sale in one of the commercial floors in our bldg. my dad got interested and texted the number. and so text-an sila. and they arranged a meeting some 5 days later. akalain mo walang sumipot sa resto. ako lang saka mom ko ang proxy that day kasi my dad has to go somewhere else. i called the number, and the girl from the other end told us na manggaling pa daw sila from QC and it will take some 30 minutes. and so we waited pa din kasi sayang naman yun araw.

when they arrived iba na presyo ng condo unit na pinagusapan nila. mali daw presyo binigay and non-negotiable and we have to shoulder real estate property tax, na padded pa. more than prescribed by law.

bad trip nga isipin na our family owns Korean cars pero yun para masama asal ng mga ito among us pinoys. tingin nila sa'tin parang hindi karapatdapat mag-own ng condominium unit.

sa gym naman namin, pag nag-gym mga anak nila using the same gym outfit as yesterday. kahit mapuputi koreana hindi mo gugustuhin tignan ulit

----

dagdag ko pa sa parking, minsan kasi marami sa'tin hindi maiwasan makipark sa slot na mayroon mayari. yun parking space lagi nangyari ito. pero the difference pag pinoy ang nagkamali, kuntodo hingi ng dispensa at pasensya na naka-park. there was this one time, isang Colonel na tiga-bldg pinark nya yun expedition nya sa slot namin. pinahanap ko sa guard, pagbaba ng Colonel sobrang down to earth na humihingi ng pasensya kasi nagmamadali lang daw sya.

pero this one time naman koreano na doctor, bumaba after the guard called, tinitignan pa ako ng masama ni hindi man lang nag-sorry and drove his car to the carousel. what an ass!

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ringostarr View Post
    sa gym naman namin, pag nag-gym mga anak nila using the same gym outfit as yesterday. kahit mapuputi koreana hindi mo gugustuhin tignan ulit
    That's the fastest way to get BO! I can't imagine how someone could wear the same gym clothes without having it washed first. You're not even supposed to let sweaty clothes linger in your body because it encourages the growth of bacteria.

OR maybe the Korean girls have several clothes of the same kind? I have several black jazz pants that I use when I go to the gym. Aside from the towel that I use to wipe off my sweat, I also have white towels which I place over the equipment. I bought more than a dozen white towels so it is easier to spot dirt etc. (I wonder if the people at the gym think that I am using the same towel over and over again) )

I haven't had any encounters with Koreans except in Korean Restos. I love Kimchi kasi. I have to admit though that I am extremely irritated with Sam O.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    tanong nyo sa taxi drivers...sino ang pinaka kuripot na pasahero?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Isuzoom View Post
    tanong nyo sa taxi drivers...sino ang pinaka kuripot na pasahero?
    Maybe because most cab drivers from foreign countries don't expect tip and give changes down to the last cent as a standard practice?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmmm...this is is interesting. because i lived in California for many years and i have heard very similar stories about dirty or ill-mannered people...except that these people were all Filipinos

i also hate the smell of kimchi, but do you know how many cultures also hate the smell of bagoong?

also, the worst cheats and some of the more abusive people i know in Cali are Pinoy (some of them, i'm ashamed to say, are my own relatives).

i am absolutely not saying that Filipinos are arrogant and oppressive in the US (there are so many kind and gracious Pinoys here)...but just issuing a word of caution that one shouldn't condemn an entire race because of the actions of a few.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    There's a long line of hungry people waiting to order inside a fast food restaurant. A middle aged Korean woman cuts in line in front of an elderly white woman to get a straw for her soda. Irritated, the white woman shouts at her.."If you wanted a straw, you could have just asked for it! You don't have to cut in front of me!" A huge shouting match ensues and the restaurant manager was forced to call the Police. In the end, the Korean woman explains that the way she was raised in Korea, it is not polite to ask another person for something when you can do it yourself.

I live here in California and I meet a lot of people..Asians(Koreans,Japanese,Chinese,Vietnamese ,Indonesians,Thai, Burmese,Indian & Afghani), Europeans(Brits, Scots,French,Italians,Portugese,Polish,Czechs,Roma nians,Russians & Aussies), Middle-Eastern(Iraqi,Saudi,Israeli,Egyptian,Palestinian & Persian-->Iranian-Americans don't want to be called "Iranians"), Africans(Nigerian), Latin-American(Mexicans, Guatemalans, Colombian, Nicaraguans & Panamanians). By far, all of them are "good" people. A few come off as being "arrogant" at first but I guess it's just their culture, once you get to know them they're actually nice. And they have a positive attitude towards Filipinos too! They like us. Recently I met this Persian and he said.."Oh you're Filipino...you are a good people! It's only those damn "J**ish" bastards that are bad!" I didn't say anything...but I wanted to tell him..."Why don't you try to get to know them...maybe you are wrong."

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    korek ka dyan! each nationality or race have their own ways, customs, practices, peculiarities, so what we think they're doing is wrong actually right with them and vice versa. so sometimes, we just have to understand it from their point of view.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Sorry but I tend to dis-agree, once you are in other country its your resposibility to respect the host country culture and rules etc.. ikaw ang foreigner. Now I admit there are cultural thing that differ from one another but to insist on your own on a foriegn country is an act of arrogance and not cultural... my two cents peace

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Hi!maki say lang din...
    actually i have korean friends here in pampanga(Angeles,esp near clark is what they call "korean community", they are already 9yrs here in the Phils as missionaries,they have childrens,3 were born in the Phils.they are really good people,they're here to tell us Filipino's abt the love of Christ.

anyway...just drop by to tell ya all that not all koreans are bad(though ive heard that some koreans are here bec the parents lost all hopes in sending their children to school-laging kick out sa korea,masyado na rin kasi wild mga bata don(imagine puro pera! no parents lov and attention!parang ang nagpapalaki na lang sa mga bata ay yaya at tv at computers!imagine...),andito sila sa Phils bec maybe(the parents think)titino ang mga anak nila.
    well,what i wud lyk to say is...Like some of u guys said,not all koreans are bad, parang tayo, mga Filipino, were not all bad...diba?tsaka dpa kasi "rich" ang Phils lyk Korea.marami pa kasi tayong pinapahalagahan sa buhay not only money,katulad na morality,spirituality,w/c keeps us "behaved".pero u know,when the time comes na "rich" na ang Phils,be warned,(at sana di mangyari),baka maging katulad na rin nila tayo na "bad".puro material things nlang ang pinapahalagahan.

i believe that ...its really up to us people(esp parents),we will know if our future generations will be tamed and behaved,i mean,if we(as well as our children) had a good foundation(morally and spiritually),we will not be banned as such(arrogant and ...)

salamat mga guyss

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
    Sorry but I tend to dis-agree, once you are in other country its your resposibility to respect the host country culture and rules etc.. ikaw ang foreigner. Now I admit there are cultural thing that differ from one another but to insist on your own on a foriegn country is an act of arrogance and not cultural... my two cents peace
    definitely agree to this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
ARROGANT and OPPRESSIVE KOREANS--- in PINAS!