New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Dapat try to avoid na that area below the skyway....

WBR,

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Kawawa naman ang mga victims, ang mahirap even sabihin natin na
    brake/steering failure which is valid. Mahirap na ma-justify dahil
    wrecked ang armored van. Kawawa rin ang driver.
    Only He really knows what really happened.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Indeed, the Skyway wasn't designed for idiot drivers.

With the recent incident, i think, it's time to suspend Skyway's operation and have the court order reinforcement of rails maybe against a fully loaded dumptruck (are Trucks allowed in Skyway? if yes, against a 18 Wheeler truck then). Personally, I like staying at the inner lanes of SLEX.

More and more incompetent drivers are allowed to drive each day because of the corrupt people around and within LTO. To my dismay, when i went there, someone offerred me 1500 fee to surely pass the exam. I told him that only supermorons would fail that test. Of course i perfected the no-brainer exam then i saw that a lot actually failed the exam. Then i said to myself, Oh my God, if these are the type of drivers around Metro, roads are hopeless.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Sad but true.

Totally banning big vehicles would be difficult, if not impossible. What would be even more useful is a tightening of enforcement on road-worthiness regulations on the SLEX. Dati, nag-short out lang ang isang headlight (still had fogs), hinuli ako... now I see vehicles running without headlights at all... grrr...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Sad but true.

Totally banning big vehicles would be difficult, if not impossible. What would be even more useful is a tightening of enforcement on road-worthiness regulations on the SLEX. Dati, nag-short out lang ang isang headlight (still had fogs), hinuli ako... now I see vehicles running without headlights at all... grrr...
    Yeah, there are a quite a few vehicles with faulty/malfunctioning headlights and taillights that they're turning a blind eye to. Smoke belching as well. I can just imagine how many of these actually have good brakes and attentive drivers, especially during emergency/panic situations.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    feelin hari kasi yung iba dun alang kinikilalang traffic signs.
    nakarma sila pero nandamay pa sila.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by evs_13 View Post
    falling vehicle, again?????

grabe na ito, kahit anong gawin mong ingat kung bigla ka na lang babagsakan ng sasakyan,

kala ko uso na ang sasakyang lumilipad!!!
    this time it's money falling from the sky that can kill

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    balita na kumalat dito sa bpi office...

kaya daw namatay yung roving teller ay dahil nabagsakan siya ng bag of coins. (ouch!)

at first i find it funny, pero nakakaawa pa rin ang nangyari sa kanya, considering after ng accident, buhay yung driver & security guard na parehas nakaupo sa harap. yung teller nandun daw nakaupo sa likod.

RIP!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by JagXtrm View Post
    balita na kumalat dito sa bpi office...

kaya daw namatay yung roving teller ay dahil nabagsakan siya ng bag of coins. (ouch!)

at first i find it funny, pero nakakaawa pa rin ang nangyari sa kanya, considering after ng accident, buhay yung driver & security guard na parehas nakaupo sa harap. yung teller nandun daw nakaupo sa likod.

RIP!
    well, things/people not securely strapped or seated down are lethal to the other occupants in the car during accidents when every thing/one gets thrown around. whatever isn't strapped down becomes a missile thrown at anything in its path. kawawa yung teller.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    The one thing I noticed about the armored vans is that they are the worst monsters after 1700H. Why? They are in such a rush to go back to their garages and into the arms of their loved ones (?!).

Design and modify the guardrails all you want but it still won't stop a rampaging vehicle from flying off the Skyway. The bottom line here is defensive, responsible driving and minding the signs...

The Skyway, IMHO, is cleared of all liability here because of the sign that they put up on the approach to the offramp...\

Cheers...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Armored Vehicle Fell from the Skyway