New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    I'm no BF fan. In fairness, he had handled and is handling Metro Manila fairly well. But these posters.... I give it a two thumbs down. I'm sure it will backlash on his political ambitions.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    based sa SWS survey 1% lang ang boboto sa kanya sa 2010 kung sakali man na tumakbo sya bilang presidente, as usual nangunguna pa rin sila noli de castro and joseph estrada.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    mas mabuting sa MMDA nalang sya okay na e...

BF ftw!

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    saan kaya nangagaling ang budget ng mga posters ni BF? tapos aalisin din naman ng ibang ahensya ng pamahalaan.. tsk tsk tsk.. wala na ngang makain ang iba nating kababayan, nkukuha pa nilang gawin yun?

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MMDA has an allocated budget for information dissemination purposes I'm sure. I think this is where the money is coming from for those posters and billboards. Nothing wrong with that. It is just right for an agency to advertise its advocacies and objectives.

However, it becomes wrong if it is used as a means of pursuing a person's political agenda or ambitions. This is where the thin line comes in. It is wrong in my opinion to create posters and bill boards where the message constitute less than half of the whole layout and the rest by the picture or image of the leader of that agency, in the hope that it will create name or person recall to the mind of the voting public. This, to my mind, is cheap political gimmickry. In the light that he had openly expressed his desire to run for the highest public office, he's turning into a full-blooded "trapo".

Bumenta na nuon ito. I won't sell anymore. I believe that the voting public is wiser now and can already discern what a political stunt is and what is truly an agency's advocacy information dissemination.

At the end, if he intends to seek a higher elective government position, this MMDA poster campagn will work against him, I'm sure.

I hope somebody tells him that.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Q: is it realistic to think that a Metro Manila administrative official (is his position elected?) has a shot at the highest office in the land?

sure, a lot of the Philippine population is concentrated in the NCR, but he doesn't stand a chance without carrying the provinces, right? and can he really do that with posters? kahit ganong kadami pa yan....

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    :boo: :thumbdown: is he above the law?

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/inquire...ani-tells-DPWH
    Yeah right. Classic BF. Every time somebody tells him that he could be wrong, he insists that he is right.

Pwede namang mag information dissemination campaign without his or somebody else's picture plastered all over the billboard/sign. Why can't he just put...say..."Friendly reminder from the MMDA" or something? Mas malaki pa yung picture nya kaysa dun sa lettering nung mga sign eh. Don't tell me that's part of his plan to "educate" people? Sure, he can put in an argument that images/pictures captures people's attention immediately pero marami namang creative ways to do a multi-media information campaign.

He'd have to work harder than that to get the nod of the voter's majority from MM, a lot of which are the masses/poor that are not fond of his face. He's also a veritable unknown in the provinces.

If he's thinking of running for president in 2010, good luck to him - he'll need it.
    Last edited by nicolodeon; August 4th, 2008 at 07:15 AM.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by empy View Post
    Q: is it realistic to think that a Metro Manila administrative official (is his position elected?) has a shot at the highest office in the land?
    As far as I know, he occupies an appointed position as Chairman of the MMDA. The MMDA is directly under the Office of the President.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolodeon View Post
    He expressd his interest for president guys. He could be "reachg out" to the provinces as he is not that known outside Metro Manila.

Whether or not that sticker is a campaign material, we can only guess.

My question to you is this: if he does run, would you vote for him?

NO

Ngayon pa lang ginagamit na nya resources ng gobyerno sa maling dahilan.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Sana lang huwag na siya magpilit lalo na marami ang nakakakitang mali ang ginagawa niya. No more BS. Kung gusto niya kumandidato, magbitiw na siya sa tungkulin niya as MMDA chairman. Doon na lang siya mag-concentrate sa kampanya niya. Sa ganung paraan, hindi nagdududa ang mga tao kung saan niya kinukuha ang funds para i-plaster niya ang mukha niya sa daan. Delikadesa lang naman ang issue sa mga poster na yan. Hindi naman lahat ng buka ng bibig niya e bible-truth dahil wala siyang monopolyo ng utak.
    As I see it, the posters pose a more serious danger to women who are wishing to have a baby. Baka matiyempuhan na naglilihi yung babae e yung mukha niya ang maalala. Just kidding!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
another BF early campaign materials?