New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    i just hope that they would impose harsher penalties for these type of offenders..... maybe death penalty? a life for a life?

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Isa pang mga gagong bus driver yung Jell transport..kala mo may hinahabol na lap time sa QC circle kung humataw..

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Technology still trumps behavior when it comes to safety driving. Therefore I suggest to install a steering column-mounted pointed object like a spear or a knife protruding into the steering wheel about a foot away from the upper torso of the driver when sitted. This way mag-ingat ka talaga magmaneho. Takot ka mabangga!

4. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    i prefer vigilante justice na lang for these types of drivers. yung they'll never know what hit them, para mas matakot na sila

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Root of all these improper behavior of Bus drivers is the boundary system. LTFRB should seek the abolition of boundary system.

Abolition of boundary system will make new tax revenue for the goverment from paying drivers who are employed directly to the bus companies and there will be no road blocking by these drivers seeking more passengers. They would also be very careful in driving having in mind the benefits they would lose if they do something stupid.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Dapat sa mga yan binabaril kaagad or pinuputulan nalang ng finger, hands or feet pag naka disgrasya para di na makaulit mag drive. Walang sinasanto yang mga yan. Dito na nga lang sa Commonwealth Ave., grabe ang bilis ng buses! If I am not mistaken, the color blue and the brown buses are the fastest buses here. Pag babagal bagal ka and it happens that they're on a racing mode, papakainin ka nila ng busina nila with matching flashing lights and pipinahan ka pa when they get in front of you tapos pag minalas ka pa at may pumara, biglang hinto. Kahit tumatakbo ka ng 80, when they feel that they wanna move, kikilos yan, either hit them or find another lane. Nakakapag init ng dugo. Sometimes I just wanna get down my car and whack the driver in the face, pati yung conductor isama na din. Pareho lang demonyo yan. Pag natamaan ka, wala namang pambayad. Ang mahirap kasi pag pinatulan mo, ikaw naman ang makukulong. So we have no choice but to hold our anger. Kaya malalakas din ang loob ng mga yan kasi alam nila na hindi natin papatulan kasi tayo din ang makukulong pag ginawa yun. Kaya if I hear in the news that a driver gunned down a bus driver, sobrang natutuwa ako. Mas nalulungkot pa ako dun sa bumaril kasi makukulong siya.

I agree also with Mile2, it's the boundary system why they drive like that and we have so many metro buses. I have ridden buses in NY and LA for so many times, and based on the buses that I rode, safety is always their concern. But here, dapat kumita muna, saka nayang safety.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Mile2 View Post
    Root of all these improper behavior of Bus drivers is the boundary system. LTFRB should seek the abolition of boundary system.

Abolition of boundary system will make new tax revenue for the goverment from paying drivers who are employed directly to the bus companies and there will be no road blocking by these drivers seeking more passengers. They would also be very careful in driving having in mind the benefits they would lose if they do something stupid.
    I agree with this comment. If the drivers are paid a set amount per hour or day regardless of how many people ride the bus then they won't need to fly through the road ways just to earn a living. Another oprion is for the government to operate the bus system instead of the private sector like in the US. This removes the need to earn a profit for the operator and all they will need to do is earn enough to operate the system.

Another thing to consider is to use an electric bus like the ones used in San Francisco. Those are connected to electric lines above and if they venture further than allowed they lose their connection to the power lines. This keeps the bus inside the yellow lanes and prevents them from using the other lanes also this can limit their speed.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    This accident should never have happened. There were warning signs already flashing but the authorities chose to tolerate/ignore them...

Bus driver in EDSA crash was involved in earlier mishap - cops

MANILA, Philippines - The Quezon City Police District (QCPD) on Wednesday said that the bus driver blamed for the death of an optometrist in a road accident in Quezon City had already been embroiled in another traffic mishap earlier this year.

Superintendent Norberto Babagay, chief of the QCPD Traffic Enforcement Unit, said that Martinito Madrid admitted to police that he previously faced charges of multiple physical injuries after figuring in a road accident last April.

“Inamin niya sa akin na na-involve din siya sa isa pang road accident nung April. Nakasuhan pa raw siya ng multiple physical injuries (He admitted to being involved in an April road accident that resulted in him being charged with multiple physical injuries)," he said.

Madrid is the driver of the Joanna Jesh-owned passenger bus that hit a Mercedez Benz and two other buses along the northbound lane of the Epifanio delos Santos Avenue (EDSA).
    MMDA eyes sacking aide who 'tolerated' ‘killer’ bus driver

MANILA, Philippines - The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) is eyeing sacking a traffic enforcer who tolerated the abuses of a "killer" bus driver who caused a fiery accident that killed a doctor on Epifanio delos Santos Avenue (EDSA) last Tuesday.

Radio dzBB's Tuesday Niu reported Sunday night that MMDA chairman Bayani Fernando made the vow after finding that bus driver Martinito Madrid was allowed to continue driving despite a string of traffic violations.

Citing initial investigation results, Fernando said Madrid was caught at least seven times for violating traffic rules. He said Madrid's license should have been revoked after the third offense.

He did not immediately name the MMDA traffic enforcer, but said the enforcer will be made to explain why he did not revoke Madrid's license before.

Fernando admitted the MMDA had a lapse in allowing Madrid to continue driving the Joanna Jesh bus that hit the sedan of doctor Francisco Sarabia.

The impact caused Sarabia's vehicle to burst into flames. Sarabia died as he was trapped inside the burning vehicle. Sarabia was buried Saturday. - GMANews.TV
    Madrid is just one very wreckless and undisciplened driver PERIOD!
    Last edited by Monseratto; October 27th, 2008 at 12:00 AM.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    katwiran nung magaling na driver pagmamaneho lang daw ang alam nyang trabaho...yon na lang nga hindi pa nya pagbutihin

10. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rna800 View Post
    Dito na nga lang sa Commonwealth Ave., grabe ang bilis ng buses! If I am not mistaken, the color blue and the brown buses are the fastest buses here. Pag babagal bagal ka and it happens that they're on a racing mode, papakainin ka nila ng busina nila with matching flashing lights and pipinahan ka pa when they get in front of you tapos pag minalas ka pa at may pumara, biglang hinto. Kahit tumatakbo ka ng 80, when they feel that they wanna move, kikilos yan, either hit them or find another lane.
    The funny thing about these blue and brown colored buses was its company name was - "SAFEWAY BUS line". These buses are mostly non-aircon buses with dangling passengers on the door steps and snake driving at 120++KPH along Commonwealth Road and Quirino Highway.

At Regalado road these buses overtakes and counter flowing the opposite lane at a very high speed even with on coming cars. Despite the long white lines which means no overtaking on the opposite lane, these buses ignores it thinking no cars would dare to have head on collision with them.

Previously you can read a very large statement on the walls of La Mesa Dam along Quirino Highway fronting Amparo Subdivison that states " Killing Zone Road Accident due to Reckless Drivers ".

Earlier this year a Bus rams a car in Commonwealth killing a man and his wife inside their crumpled sedan, the couple had just dropped their kids to school.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
another accident caused by stupid bus drivers