New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Yup,everyday madami akong naeencounter na pasaway na nagmomotor. Didikit pa at minsan uunahan ka pa. Nakakawala ng tiyempo dahil baka mabangga ko pa. They should stick to one lane only lalo na kapag umaandar na. Dapat nga hinuhuli yan ng swerving.

2. Join Date
    May 2008
    Honestly, sometimes, I feel the same way especially when I see riders really "feeling it" while riding their bikes. Akala mong sinong cool eh, parang ang mahal naman ng dala nila.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    ganon na ba talaga ngayon? the price of your ride ba ang pinaguusapan?
    so it means ba na pag mahal ang ride mo with bling blings and boom boom sounds eh mas may karapatan ka sa road? WTF!

hindi naman siguro sa price di ba its about lack of education about the do's and dont's sa traffic....for me we shouldnt judge anyone by its ride...

*reepicheep...ganon din naman sa mga cagers yung iba nga parang mga gangster kung umasta lakas ng sounds tapos naka baba yung window then titingin pa sayo....they look dumb eh..

meron akong cage.meron akong highdisplacement na bike and may underbone din ako....pero sana sir dont judge agad..if im using my underbone then you hit me...ok lang ba? kasi mahirap lang ako? kasi underbone lang gamit ko?

but if you hit me when im using my biggerbike. ok lang din ba? mahirap ba tingin mo?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    *clutch027

If you are looking of sympathy for riders here, you might be looking at the wrong venue to air your viewpoint. May I suggest you tone down a bit before this turns into something more "ugly".

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch027 View Post
    ganon na ba talaga ngayon? the price of your ride ba ang pinaguusapan?
    so it means ba na pag mahal ang ride mo with bling blings and boom boom sounds eh mas may karapatan ka sa road? WTF!

hindi naman siguro sa price di ba its about lack of education about the do's and dont's sa traffic....for me we shouldnt judge anyone by its ride...

*reepicheep...ganon din naman sa mga cagers yung iba nga parang mga gangster kung umasta lakas ng sounds tapos naka baba yung window then titingin pa sayo....they look dumb eh..

meron akong cage.meron akong highdisplacement na bike and may underbone din ako....pero sana sir dont judge agad..if im using my underbone then you hit me...ok lang ba? kasi mahirap lang ako? kasi underbone lang gamit ko?

but if you hit me when im using my biggerbike. ok lang din ba? mahirap ba tingin mo?
    If you are looking for "understanding" and less discrimination, you can start with your own view points. Not even 1/10th of the cars out on the road are as you described as "boom-boom sounds", etc.

As for my encounters with scooters, it's never have been the good kind. In the recent couple of years, three times they have hit my car (I was in my lane, obeying ALL traffic laws), three times they ran away avoiding their responsibility of at least owning up to the damage they have caused, if not paying for it. One of them even "crashed" into my rear bumper while I was stopped waiting at a red light to turn green. He just gunned his engine and ran the other way.

Aside from those encounters, my car also bears the "scars" of bikes getting too close while weaving between cars in traffic. So if you ask me if I like my car, I would say YES, I like my car to be scratch free, thank you very much.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; September 12th, 2009 at 07:14 PM.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    *GH i not looking for sympathy or anything....my concern is for other to act right..im not mad at cagers...(im one of them sometimes) kung ganito ang magiging attitude ng lahat eh it could lead to war on wheels diba...peace out!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch027 View Post
    *GH i not looking for sympathy or anything....my concern is for other to act right..im not mad at cagers...(im one of them sometimes) kung ganito ang magiging attitude ng lahat eh it could lead to war on wheels diba...peace out!
    Lead to a war on wheels? ... Hasn't the war been playing out for the last few years already with the dramatic increase of motorcycles, scooters and underbones on the road? Hasn't the streets been littered with the dozens broken bodies of the victims every month? Many, the victims of their own acts.

Honestly speaking, the "war" is already here.

Given that the riders are more vulnerable to injury and death, I do suggest that it would be to their own good interest to follow traffic rules, etc including how to ride with the lanes of the road instead of weaving between cars.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    minsan di ko ma gets yun logic eh...kapag nakikita nang naka signal ka to turn,pabibilisin pa nila

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    But the main differences between hitting a bike and hitting a car are:
    -motorbike rider will plead poverty if it's their fault. .
    I would love to see LESS motorcycles on the road.

I have been driving for more than 13 years and the first time I got into an accident was due to a motorbike rider. I (and my car) are still suffering until now as I couldn't have my car fixed - I don't wanna have it repainted during the rainy season. MALAKING ABALA!!!

All I got was a measly P1.5k for the damage that the motorcycle did to my car (My car was hit on the rear while the motorcycle was engaging in a race with his friends) I need to have my bumper, trunk, and the side of my car fixed - 4 PANELS all in all not to mention the tail light! I also hate how motorbike riders would hit your side mirror and not even apologise for it! Both of my side mirrors have scratches from guess what - motorbike riders!

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    But the main differences between hitting a bike and hitting a car are:
    -motorbike rider will plead poverty if it's their fault.
    -driver in car hitting the bike might be charged for manslaughter even if it's the rider's fault. A car vs another car is just bent metal and crushed plastic.
    Same applies to jeepney drivers, taxi drivers, bus drivers, truck drivers... I've had bad experiences with all sorts.

Hell... even some private car owners run away after an accident. That's after you've agreed to talk it out... you go to your car to pull off the road... wham... they're gone.

It's even more fun if you're merely walking beside the road and a "cager" sideswipes you...

The only real difference when you get into an accident with a rider is... sometimes the guy isn't alive after the accident to pay you what he owes you, and his family runs after you for funeral expenses.

-

It's simply an idiotic misapplication of the law. Whoever is at fault should pay... period, whether it's in their capacity or not. If it's not, their vehicle is either impounded till they can, or pawned for the payment of the damage.

Unfortunately, SOP yung manslaughter till they can sort it out, simply because someone died. Unfortunate for the driver if it isn't their fault and they don't have the ability to pay. The problem is, if they don't do this, sometimes the drivers run. Hell... even before the police arrive, sometimes the driver runs.

Lack of education and responsibility on the part of all drivers in the Philippines... most of whom couldn't even pass a "fixed" license exam and whose knowledge of road rules are limited to the half-hour film they watch at the LTO.

-

The sad thing on the part of riders is... whoever is at fault, they lose. Back when the underbone boom started, we had at least one fatality a week pass through the hospital. And up till now, despite the increased enforcement of rider rules and crackdowns on erring riders... I still see riders carrying their kids, wives, girlfriends, etcetera, without helmets, weaving between cars without looking, and counterflowing into moving traffic. It's madness.

But I'm not in favor of curbing the number of motorbikes... ika nga... mobility for the masses... but we really need better enforcement of traffic laws and better education of drivers and riders alike.
    Last edited by niky; September 12th, 2009 at 09:47 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Ano to??? ["rider" hate post in web-link]