New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by burjegol View Post
    Yessir. though a minority, but they do exist here in manila.
    As andyinmanila wrote "Defensive? a word un known to many on the roads here". Sir andy, quoting from a famous Englishman "Never was so much owed by so many to so few"

Just as what I have mentioned previously. Any veteran filipino driver could readily adapt to the driving attitudes of his locality. Just take a look at those puj drivers in quiapo. 2 pumps at the clutch pedal before engaging the transmission with a crraaacckkk, 3 pumps on the brake pedal to stop, a full turn on the steering wheel before the vehicle responds, yet they pass thru traffic at minimum distances, stops a few feet from intended stop and what else?

And you think that makes them good drivers??

Good drivers understand road conditions, are courteous to other road users

Oh and know road signs...

Ps Jeeps Suck

2. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Sadly, I agree to your observations. Only here in the Philippines.

I have stated in other threads ... what we need now is an iron hand of the law and a good leader willing to sacrifice his/her life for the good of the Filipino people. Unfortunately, those who get elected and currently in office only have one goal ... to get richer in the expense of everyone. If I am to have my way ... I'll execute those corrupt officials myself!

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    andyinmanila wrote:Also in Angeles a car had broken down ON the roundabout right next to Marquee Mall causing huge tailbacks, instead of pushing it out of the way the clown was working on it in the middle of the road..

Absolutely comical how the F**K are they allowed to get away with it?

I assume no one cares or gives him grief or assistance to push the car.[/QUOTE]

Probably knows what he is doing and is confident he can repair the problem.
    He was the lucky guy. if it happened in manila-proper, notably in makati district, in no less time will a tow truck be on him and towed him.

Quote Originally Posted by andyinmanila View Post
    And you think that makes them good drivers??

Good drivers understand road conditions, are courteous to other road users

Oh and know road signs...

Ps Jeeps Suck
    yessir. they are good drivers. imagine, they can drive such vehicles. what more if they are behind the wheels of a ferrari of lamborghini or a 9/11 boxster?

and again, yessir. jeeps sucks. but what can we poor people do? we have to take a ride. our choice? either a pedal cab, tricycle, jeep or a bus. and them all sucks too.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Double post.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    interesting thread to read. well reality bites.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Ambulances on SOuth Super Highway