New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    What happened to the case of Mayor Lim's druggie son? Parang palpak din yun kaso ng PDEA. Last I heard naka bail siya dahil mahina yung ebidensya.
    again, nadismiss ata due to some technicality. i overheard it in the congressional inquiry na yun nga nagyari dun.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    I don't like the padrino and corrupt justice system in our country.

But at the same time, I'll never understand the stigma about marijuana. If anything, alcohol and nicotine are far more dangerous.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
    again, nadismiss ata due to some technicality. i overheard it in the congressional inquiry na yun nga nagyari dun.
    A lot of money can really buy one a lot of "justice" in our great country.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    A lot of money can really buy one a lot of "justice" in our great country.
    plus influence na rin ho siguro sir...

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by buriroy View Post
    Bilib din ako kay Dave Brodett. Binulgar niya and confirmed the
    drug activities of his own nephew. Kahit sister-in-law niya dinawit
    din!

Nakaka-amaze kasi tayong mga Filipino normally sobra maka-pamilya.
    Pag meron wrongdoing isa sa kalahi natin pinagtatanggol natin kahit mali
    or the least is tumatahimik na lang tayo.

Siguro meron malakaing hinanakit itong si Dave sa utol niya. Sabi niya
    yung isang anak niya may cancer. Baka naman hindi tinulungan ni utol
    kahit malaki ang kita sa drugs? Haka-haka lang po.

Kayo, how would you explain Dave Brodett's "abnormal" behavior?
    nagulat din ako sa ginawa ni dave brodett at ito ay talagang isang abnormal behavior galing sa ka-pamilya. madalas, either tumatahimik na lang tayo o kumakampi sa ka-pamilya natin. pero bilib ako sa ginawa ni dave...kahit ano pa man ang rason niya for doing so. altho i don't see anyone putting any weight on his statements...except for the media

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    To me simple logic will readily resolve as to who have their hands in the cookie jar. Why would one defend the release when there are still doubts or gray areas. In fact, their interpretation of the memo by Datumanong was liberally stretched out of context as to favor the suspsects. Even a high school student can understand the plain English that the resolution for release has to be reviewed by the Secretary of Justice and not prior. There is no point of reviewing if the birds have flown out of the coop.

In the practice of criminal law, if there is doubt, even an iota of doubt, recommend the filing of the appropriate charges in court and let the court decide.

Now, why is the prosecutor defending with tooth and nails their anomalous action? We do not need quantum theories to decipher the whys.

Common sense lang po.

Quote Originally Posted by kiatsy View Post
    That suspicion is always over their heads. Couldn't this all be a zarzuela? the few good men may not be able to countermand the bigger force of 50million. They can always make molehills out of mountains. They can always de-emphasize the obvious in favor of the not-so-obvious.

Ay naku, mamundok nalang ako.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kiatsy View Post
    To me simple logic will readily resolve as to who have their hands in the cookie jar. Why would one defend the release when there are still doubts or gray areas. In fact, their interpretation of the memo by Datumanong was liberally stretched out of context as to favor the suspsects. Even a high school student can understand the plain English that the resolution for release has to be reviewed by the Secretary of Justice and not prior. There is no point of reviewing if the birds have flown out of the coop.

In the practice of criminal law, if there is doubt, even an iota of doubt, recommend the filing of the appropriate charges in court and let the court decide.

Now, why is the prosecutor defending with tooth and nails their anomalous action? We do not need quantum theories to decipher the whys.

Common sense lang po.
    Unfortunately, this isn't as simple as you think.

The Rules of Court on searches and seizures, warrantless arrests, as well as the admissibility of evidence in criminal cases are all STRICTLY CONSTRUED AGAINST THE PROSECUTION, or in this case, the arresting officers. WHY? Because it's the only safeguard against the abuse of authority by government and its law enforcement arm apart from the Bill of Rights. So, if the state, thru its agents do not comply with any of the requirements, it renders the search or arrest invalid, and the items siezed as a consequence therof inadmissible in court.

That's why in criminal cases, the quantum of evidence required to convict an accused is evidence beyind reasonable doubt. Stated otherwise, if there is so much as an iota of doubt regarding the guilt of the accused, the judge must acquit.

While people may not agree completely with the dismissal of the case against these Alabang Boys (who I believe are probably guilty as hell), what is the use of filing a case if the evidence can't even pass muster in a preliminary investigation beacuse of improper handling and processing? Heck, we all want these drug pushers and their suppliers behind bars but if the PDEA and police do their evidence gathering thru the media, let's just start convicting people based on their negative popularity and do away with a trial.
    Last edited by Altis6453; January 8th, 2009 at 11:53 AM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by lymar07 View Post
    nagulat din ako sa ginawa ni dave brodett at ito ay talagang isang abnormal behavior galing sa ka-pamilya. madalas, either tumatahimik na lang tayo o kumakampi sa ka-pamilya natin. pero bilib ako sa ginawa ni dave...kahit ano pa man ang rason niya for doing so. altho i don't see anyone putting any weight on his statements...except for the media
    baka yung mamanahin niya naibigay din sa bribe, kaya galit cya...wehehehe.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Altis6453 View Post
    Unfortunately, this isn't as simple as you think.

The Rules of Court on searches and seizures, warrantless arrests, as well as the admissibility of evidence are all STRICTLY CONSTRUED AGAINST THE PROSECUTION, or in this case, the arresting officers. WHY? Because it's the only safeguard against the abuse of authority by government and its law enforcement arm. So, if the state, thru its agents do not comply with any of the requirements, it renders the search or arrest invalid, and the items siezed as a consequence therof inadmissible in court.

That's why in criminal cases, the quantum of evidence required to convict an accused is evidence beyind reasonable doubt. Stated otherwise, if there is so much as an iota of doubt regarding the guilt of the accused, the judge must acquit.

While people may not agree completely with the dismissal of the case against these Alabang Boys (who I believe are probably guilty as hell), what is the use of filing a case if the evidence can't even pass muster in a preliminary investigation beacuse of improper handling and processing? Heck, we all want these drug pushers and their suppliers behind bars but if the PDEA and police do their evidence gathering thru the media, let's just start convicting people based on their negative popularity and do away with a trial.
    let's not forget that the quantum of proof needed during the preliminary investigation differs from that of the trial. during the preliminary investigation, the prosecutor needs to determine if there is indeed probable cause to bring the respondents to trial. once, the prosecutor is so well convinced that indeed there is probable cause, file. once the case has moved to trial, this is when guilt beyond reasonable double finds its significance. at this stage it's not absolute certainty that the accused committed a crime. just a moral certainty that indeed, the man is guilty. this is guilt beyond reasonable doubt.

be that as it may, IMO, it's preemptive to talk about guilt beyond reasonable doubt because that is well within the province of judicial prerogative. diba prosecutor's level pa lang tayo?

but then again, at this stage, as i have opined above, the prosecutor has a wide discretion to determine which case has probable cause. if we cry out abuse of discretion, it must be grave abuse...and that is entirely another judicial prerogative.

masaya mamuhay dito...
    Last edited by ab_initio; January 8th, 2009 at 12:03 PM.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Ogags talaga tong si Johnny Joseph (a.k.a. Johnny Midnight), yung
    tatay nung isa sa Alababg Boys na si Jorge Joseph.

Ang sabi ba naman: "My son is not an addict, he's just a social user
    so it's no big deal."

Kaya nagkaganyan ang anak mo dahil sa pag-kunsinti mo!

Hay naku - Pag mayaman ka at gumagamit ka ang tawag sa yo
    Social User, pero pag mahirap ka ang tawag sa iyo ADIK!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Alabang Boys vs PDEA