New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    First hand witness to their modus.

I was driving last Saturday when a few cars away, noticed 3 guys hitching a ride at the back of a Mitsu L300 multicab.

Looks innocent enough. But grew suspicious when the three were a little 'fidgety' and kept on shifting positions.

Lost focus for a few minutes then realized that 2 of the guys were now inside the cab sitting comfortably.

This lasted for again a few minutes, until...

Out of the blue, the two guys bolted away from the vehicle carrying boxes of whatever was stashed inside the cab. Didn't see the 3rd guy getting away as I was staring at the first two looters quickly walking away.

I suppose they picked the lock of the door. Hence, all the shifting and fidgeting.

It all happend along the stretch of CM Recto Ave from the Arranque Market to almost the Morayta intersection, during rush hour even, where traffic was heavy.

Tried to notify the driver, but he was too far away. Alerted the nearest traffic enforcer instead (of little use, but hey, had to do something).

Ah well... take care, you guys.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    bat naman kasi sinakay yung mga tao

3. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    this is not new

this happened to a friend of ours about 5 or so years ago

they were in their L300 cab type (FB ba tawag nyan ngayon?) and just did their xmas shopping in divisoria

they packed all their goods at the rear cab

unfortunately, it was unlocked

when they got home, wala na ang lahat na binili nila

hindi daw nila na malayan o napansin but all they could say was traffic was heavy and the drive was slow

lesson learned: always lock your doors. dami talagang balasubas sa daan

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nothing new to me too.

Our delivery trucks have had encounters similar to this when they went to Manila Port area and Divisoria as well.

They would run behind and jump on the truck' bumper and then use a hammer or even a heavy rock to either break open the padlock or part of the metal lock of the door (usually the screw which acts as a hinge for the locking-lever). If they managed to open the lock, they would scoop up whatever they can get their hands on and run away quickly. So far we have been lucky that none of our trucks have been opened.

Our trucks have shown scars of encounters. 1 inch or deeper indentation on the metal door and dented/heavily scratched padlocks.

The surprising thing is the people doing it aren't always adults. Pre-teen kids and teenagers have been spotted doing it on other trucks, as mentioned by our truck drivers.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    The surprising thing is the people doing it aren't always adults. Pre-teen kids and teenagers have been spotted doing it on other trucks, as mentioned by our truck drivers.
    Kids / small teens are lighter, move faster and less noticeable to the driver plus they have a free get-out-of-jail pass (until they reach 18).

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Kids / small teens are lighter, move faster and less noticeable to the driver plus they have a free get-out-of-jail pass (until they reach 18).
    Yes, that's what organized crime are banking on.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    one time at barangka mandaluyong, a man rode the rear bumper of my liteace. i thought i saw a ghost on my rear-view. nagtitipid lang yata ng pang-tricycle.:D

watched top gear old episode "man with a van" on youtube last night. there's a portion wherein they failed to lock-pick the tailgate of a suzuki super carry, but easily broke into those of ford delivery vans.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    kaya dapat kung FB van may tao ka nakaupo din sa likod para may bantay tapos may hawak na taser pag may sumabit, kilitiin nya lang na konti heheheheh

9. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    saakin pag may humahabol na bata pineprenuhan ko para sumubsob ung mukha... tapos tinatanong ko ng ''MASAKIT BA?"

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    along C-5, umuuso narin itong umaakyat sa likod ng mga container trucks lalu na pag rush hour at matindi traffic...mga bata rin ang dumadali...ingat ingat at maging mapagmatyag!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
'Akyat L300' Gang