New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Remember that shops charge differently. Your neighbor hood talyer will be cheaper than a well known shop and casa. Paint and parts will also have different prices. Better known brands or original parts are always priced at a premium.

I was in a car accident last month. I insisted that they pay for all damages and that the casa will be the repair shop. The other party had insurance and agreed to it. Total estimate by casa is almost 80K. If it will be done outside, i'm sure it will cost less but they may or may not use original parts. Too bad that Honda is having supply issues and they are still waiting for parts for my car. Too bad I did not charge them for down time.

BTW, dont you have insurance? Your TPL should cover it. Or see if you have 3rd party property damage. That should pay for the damage to the other car.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    di cover nang TPL yan sir.. as the name implies.. THIRD Party.. eh sa case nyan.. 2nd party yan.. (1s eh yung bumangga)..

baka kung may comprehensive insurance yung bumangga.. baka pwedeng isama.. pwede ba yun?

Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    Remember that shops charge differently. Your neighbor hood talyer will be cheaper than a well known shop and casa. Paint and parts will also have different prices. Better known brands or original parts are always priced at a premium.

I was in a car accident last month. I insisted that they pay for all damages and that the casa will be the repair shop. The other party had insurance and agreed to it. Total estimate by casa is almost 80K. If it will be done outside, i'm sure it will cost less but they may or may not use original parts. Too bad that Honda is having supply issues and they are still waiting for parts for my car. Too bad I did not charge them for down time.

BTW, dont you have insurance? Your TPL should cover it. Or see if you have 3rd party property damage. That should pay for the damage to the other car.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    my two cents on this, brader ts...

kung ako ang binangga, i would insist that the repair is done to my satisfaction.

that means, i wouldn't want my suv to be repaired by just any talyer na magku-quote ng pinakamababang price.

heck, i would insist that it'll be worked on by the casa and have the parts replaced by originals.

ganun talaga. di ko naman kasalanan at ako ang naperwisyo.

tama din yung ibang nagreply sa yo na maaring sinisingil ka rin sa abala na nagawa mo sa kanya.

simple lang yan na i-compute. its the number of days na di niya magagamit ang kotse niya at kakailanganin niyang

mag-taxi to go back and fort to his work/destination times the approx amout of taxi fare.

you can argue na di naman niya kailangan mag-taxi, but face it... you inconvenienced him so he can demand

that you compensate for such in a matter na pinaka-aaceptable sa kanya.

next time, go for a police report so magagamit nyo ang mga insurance na binayaran para sa mga oto nyo.

else, settle right then and there with the either the amount or the way you will remedy the damage you've caused.

better yet, be extra careful next time and avoid tutok driving.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Noel Salisipan View Post
    Galing mo Bro, "utak-talangka" pinatulan mo, judge ka agad ng conclusion!
    Sino ngayon mas utak talangka sa atin?

read my post again, never called you utak talangka. sabi ko lang mga gumagawa lang non utak talangka. my post was merely saying advices like your should never be given dahil pang gugulang yon.

Maliwanag naman na may agreement na sila at admitted ni TS yung fault nya. Ang problema mukhang di tumutupad sa usapan yung nabangga.

i don't know about you but if someone hit my car, i should be the one doing the request not the guy who hit me. di naman ata tama na ikaw na nga naka bangga ikaw pa madami request at ikaw pa masusunod. and as you can see others aree with this as well.

The fact na walang MMDA report, may itinatago yung nabangga. At pag di na tumutupad sa usapan yung nabangga at pakiramdam mo inoonse ka na e papayag ka ng ganun?!

there could be a number of reasons why there was no MMDA report. number one would be bawas ablaa. in my experience lalo pa tumatagal dahil sa mga report report na yan so if matino naman kausap yung kausap ko kami na lang mag uusap ng bumangga sa akin para di na maabala pa lalo.

Anong advice mo ngayon?

like i said on my previous post, take responsibility for his action. so all he can do is makisuap sa na bangga niya na pumayag sa plan niya but if di pumayag then there is nothing he can do but agree with the condition of the other party. that's the only right thing to do.

(hirap dito e, gusto mong tumulong e ang daming sablay na kritiko. Daming sinabi wala namang nai-contribute tungkol sa problema!)

it's a lot better to not give a wrong advice than to give one that is wrong and malicious which makes our roads worse than it already is.
    this will be my last reply to you, no need to argue anymore since it's clear naman na what you said was wrong. just look at all the other post everyone is saying he should pay up and you're the only one saying otherwise.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    just have some questions:

1.) may kasulatan ba kayo/pirmahan? ako i've learned to always have something in writing whenever i encounter such incidents or deals with strangers. kung wala, technically wala rin siyang habol sa iyo. so its actually up to you how you would want to handle this. hindi ka naman mapapakulong dahil dito, pero may chance na may kaaway ka na sa buhay if you don't cough up the cash for the repair of his car. best is to negotiate na lang kung hindi mo talaga kaya bayaran yung full amount, or at least ask kung pwede mo bayaran ng installment.

2.) not a lawyer but i think the fact that he had it repaired without you agreeing to the cost of repair means that it COULD HAVE been done in bad faith. HOWEVER, being the owner of the damaged car, i believe it is also his right to choose kung saan ipapagawa yung kotse niya. he also has the right to refuse yung talyer na sinisuggest mo because it is his property that you damaged, and it is rightful that it be repaired to his satisfaction and standards.

3.) masakit sa bulsa pero it is your liability. best advise i can give you is just to negotiate. charge it to experience. drive carefully next time.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    if ako nasa katayuan ni TS babayaran ko na yung 18K. kung matatawaran naman kahit 3k - mas OK.
    tapos papirmahin ko yung nabangga ko sa settlement agreement para di na siya maghabol pa ulet.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tulad nung ibang poster gusto ko din sa shop na gusto ko ipapagawa yung kotse ko pag nabangga ako.

yung quote ba sayo na 6k eh na kita nila mismo yung damage? sabi mo kasi nagbigay lang sila ng estimate and still have to look at damage itself. mahirap pag estimate lang ng hindi nakikita mismo yung damage. baka maraming papalitan pala na wala don sa pag kaka describe mo kaya umabot ng ganon kalaki yung quotation.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Salamat sa mga nag reply. It gave me good guidance on what to do.

I negitiated with the talyer and told him about the disparity. We arrived at a compromise price of 10k.

Thanks sa lahat. Nabigyan din ako ng konting linaw sa situation din ng party na nabangga. I guess the price difference would not be sufficient for the abala that would ensue if we did not settle.

Salamat mga sir!!!! Mabuhay ang tsikot.com

9. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    goodluck TS

just talk to the owner in the most patient and nicest way possible and perhaps he himself will give you a break

minsan, kung dedemanda talaga ako depende yan sa ugali din ng nagkakasala sa akin

kung alam ko na humble yung nakakasala, hindi mayabang, ina-admit naman ang error at aksidente lang at willing akong i-compensate, i would gladly give him/her a break

10. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    FYI guys

Kung naka insured ka at naka bangga ka, yun nabangga mo is the third party. Kung magclaim ka sa insurance mo for tge damage ng car mo ikaw naman yun OD or own damage claim.

Puede mo claim sa mandatory CTPL mo yan accident. You just need to prepare all the paper works and pray........ Pray hard......... With lots of patience bago labasin yun check. dont forget to have the owner of the SUV to sign the affidavit of quit claim and affidavit of desistance before releasing the unit for your own protection. He might have an insurance in the first place but decided not to inform you about it but behind your back he is already claiming an very same accident claim sa insurance niya..... Double claim tawag dyan and its illegal kung mahuli.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Accident Compromise - Please Share your thoughts