New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jmjkidd5 View Post
    I used to withdraw big amounts also because of incentives for our center...that was one of the scariest feeling I had, everyone coming at me was a suspect for me, I was so paranoid especially with motorcycles.
    my first job after graduation was a technical programmer of ATM machines. noon una ok pa kasi sinasabay ako ng mga taga-bangko sa Armored Truck. bale mag-load sila ng pera sa ATM tapos mag-run ako ng diagnostics.

pero nun mga sumunod eh sinasabay na lang ako sa isang non-bullet proof ordinary sedan with one employee and two armed guards and with duffel bag din. talagang napapadasal ako nun

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by boyT View Post
    Hindi pa tayo natuto ? Dapat ATM na lang talaga kung pasweldo lang. Malaking risk ang maglabas ng pera kasi may mga inside job ... kawawa naman ang mga biktima . May araw din kayong mga magnanakaw
    onga with that big a payroll means malaking company ang banks will surely love to accommodate an atm payroll that big. yung bystander na namatay sino sasagot sa kanya? kawawa naman yun.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Eto latest.........

Inside job eyed in botched P6.6 million payroll robbery

09/21/2007

The foiled P6.6 million payroll in the heart of Makati’s central business district could be an inside job with the possible involvement of a few people who knew about the huge withdrawal of money from a bank.

Southern Police District (SPD) director Chief Supt. Roberto Rosales said aside from the victims who were shot by the armed suspects, there are still a few others who knew about the payroll delivery.

Rosales said they already launched a manhunt operation for at least six members of the gang that pulled the robbery attempt.

Victim Jon Jon Flores was driving an Isuzu-D Maz pick-up with two other companions on Makati Avenue corner Buendia Avenue when they were shot by robbers with M16 rifles and other high-powered firearms Wednesday afternoon.

The victims, all employees of businessman Benjamin Bitanga, had just withdrawn P6.68 million from the International Exchange-Bank (I-Bank) branch on Makati Avenue for their payroll when the incident took place.

Bitanga is engaged in real estate business.

“Few could have known about the payroll delivery of the victims,” Rosales said, adding the suspects could have advance information that the victims were withdrawing the money.

But, he said, they are not discounting other possible angles in the foiled robbery.

Rosales said one of the victim’s cellphones received a missed call from a certain SPO3 Gonzalez shortly before the attack.

Rosales said the missed call could mean that the caller was worried about the victims, adding Gonzalez might be questioned by the investigators.

Gonzalez is reportedly assigned to the Philippine National Police-Police Security and Protection Office based at Camp Crame tasked to provide security to government officials and individuals with threats on their lives.

Aside from Flores, a bystander identified as Erlindo Barroga was also hit with stray bullets. He died while undergoing treatment at the Ospital ng Makati while Flores died on the spot.

Reports said the suspects approached and opened fire at the pick-up while it was waiting for the traffic light to turn to Makati Avenue around 12:45 p.m.

Despite his wound, Flores was able to maneuver his vehicle away from the suspects until it hit the steel barrier in front of the Pacific Star building.

Police later found the getaway vehicles of the suspects, an L-300 van (UFD-212) and a Mitsubishi Adventure (WJT-294), which they abandoned along Kalayaan Avenue in Makati.

Rosales said the SPD will conduct further investigation to determine if there were lapses on the part of policemen that enabled the suspects to stage the heist in broad daylight at a busy intersection.

Makati police chief Supt. Gilbert Cruz said they recovered the amount intact and were returned to the owner on the same day.

Cruz added they would interview three persons who witnessed the incident and will show them pictures of possible suspects for identification.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
6M withdrawal for salaries, muntik na ma-holdap