New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    ^ as long as there are no fatalities and everyone are fully compensated I dont see a reason for your .

Should be a very expensive lesson for the truck company. I hope they learn and realize thats its cheaper to maintain their trucks, and get reliable drivers than paying for accidents.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    I saw the video as well...ano yung vehicle na tumagilid? I know it was a van of some kind? Revo/Adventure?

Glad that nobody got hurt!!!

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    i think the blame should start with LTO.. too much corruption there.. anyone can get a license if your have the money... 2nd... trucks can still be registered using the non appearance system...

now if you break those two things down.. we have drivers driving not very road worthy trucks with very little knowledge of the rules of the road.. which equals to accidents..

just my opinion.. but i think corruption has become a part of our culture.. and filipinos are just tolerating it.. .this in part is affecting our very infratructure...

im just speaking of the transport sector and licensing sector.. but we all know there is more to it.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Sabi sa news wala pa daw nag rereklamo?

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Paolo123 View Post
    ^ as long as there are no fatalities and everyone are fully compensated I dont see a reason for your .

Should be a very expensive lesson for the truck company. I hope they learn and realize thats its cheaper to maintain their trucks, and get reliable drivers than paying for accidents.
    ako naman, i do see a reason for his . this driver will be on the streets again and "knock-on-wood" may endanger other motorists and pedestrians once more and then flee from the scene. sana meron man lang sanction na ipinatong dito like revoke his driving license or at least suspend it for some time and until he passes a real driving test.

its not just the truck company but the insurance companies that are burdened here financially.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Sinubukan pa rin ng truck na pabagalin by kissing the concrete fence but talagang mabigat dahil loaded. Normally tatakas talaga driver dahil pwede siya bugbog sa nangyari.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_daddy View Post
    I saw the video as well...ano yung vehicle na tumagilid? I know it was a van of some kind? Revo/Adventure?

Glad that nobody got hurt!!!
    Probably the Revo. One of the turned over cars we saw at the accident site was a Revo. There was a Serena that was on its side and smashed to bits, but that was way over where the truck finally stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by sgt_taga View Post
    ako naman, i do see a reason for his . this driver will be on the streets again and "knock-on-wood" may endanger other motorists and pedestrians once more and then flee from the scene. sana meron man lang sanction na ipinatong dito like revoke his driving license or at least suspend it for some time and until he passes a real driving test.

its not just the truck company but the insurance companies that are burdened here financially.
    The police themselves should file criminal charges. Reckless imprudence resulting in damage to property or at the very least public endangerment.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    tingin ko air brakes pa ang gamit nitong truck (yung mga de-bomba). naalala ko tuloy yung owner namin dati mga 3 times nawalan ng preno pero dahil sanay na ang dad ko sa ganun, mabagal lang patakbuhin at engine braking then off engine habang kambyo solb.

dapat talaga sa truck ipinasok kaagad sa first gear para todo ang engine braking kaso sa tingin ko nag-panic na ang driver dahil masyadong mabilis ang arrival niya.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ben_david19 View Post
    tingin ko air brakes pa ang gamit nitong truck (yung mga de-bomba). naalala ko tuloy yung owner namin dati mga 3 times nawalan ng preno pero dahil sanay na ang dad ko sa ganun, mabagal lang patakbuhin at engine braking then off engine habang kambyo solb.

dapat talaga sa truck ipinasok kaagad sa first gear para todo ang engine braking kaso sa tingin ko nag-panic na ang driver dahil masyadong mabilis ang arrival niya.
    hindi de-bomba ang air brake ng truck

isang apak lang kagat na ang preno

may air compressor ang truck powered by the engine and may air tank kung saan naka store ang hangin

ang revs ng engine ang nagpopondo ng hangin sa air tank

kaya ang mga malaking truck, after starting the engine, kailangan i-rev para magka hangin

pag naubusan ang hangin ang tangke, mawawalan ng preno

either may singaw ang foot brake, linya ng hangin, o mahina na kumarga ng hangin ang compressor kaya naubos ang hangin at nawalan ng preno
    Last edited by uls; December 17th, 2010 at 03:06 PM.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    parang grand theft auto!
    buti nalang walang na matay.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
10-wheeler truck plows thru 17 vehicles along SLEX