New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    for me 1.6 compact sedan dito sa pinas lalo na sa M.M.

so far, hyundai lang ang nagbibigay na abut kaya -->

CRDi w/ VGT na matrix, getz and accent!

sana ilabas na ng tuluyan sa atin ang ford focus na may duratec-TDi 2.0 w/ 6-speed manual tranny.

ang matipid is ung 1.0-d4-d na echo/yaris at mini 1-D..pero di nilabas sa atin,e..

ewan ko ba bakit ayaw ilabas dito mga diesel models, madami na sa europe mga yan,e....(cr-v, accord, corolla, x-trail, mazdas,etc)..

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    For highways, I guess 1.6 to 2.0 is all right. But then my driving diet consists of sustained 160 km/h (100 mph) plus running. So 2.0 or greater is what I actually want, but for what I need and deem sufficient, I've gotten by with 1.3 liter (or less) engines that put out 65-85 hp, or 2.5 liter diesels with 85 hp.

With those engines, you can still cruise at 80 km/h all day (the national speed limit), which may be boring, but will still get you there, and will save you gas, to boot... and you can still overtake vehicles going 60 km/h. If they're going too fast for you to overtake with this amount of power, then they're going fast enough. Just sit in their slipstream and enjoy the gas savings... you get around 16-20 km/l (37-47 mpg) driving at 60-80 instead of blasting about like an idiot... like I do.

But after driving the Suzuki Alto... I'd say the real answer is 800cc.

Put a trunk on the Alto, and it'll weigh just 800-850 kgs. Even with a full load of passengers, that's still just over a metric ton. For city trafffic and overtaking maneuvers under 100 km/h (60 mph), the measly 47hp of the Alto is more than sufficient to overtake slower traffic. It's as fast, in fact, as many 1.0-1.3 vehicles, and certainly feels faster, because it's so small.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    i like mid size cars so the 2liter 4 banger class is just about right for me kung dito lang sa Pinas. Gas consumption is not that bad if you dont have a lead foot (i can squeeze 10k/l from our 7G Galant SS M/T mixed NLEX and EDSA driving).

hindi rin bitin sa hataw. kita mo naman sa ava ko eh

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 170kphlang View Post
    just like to know your opinions, ano po ba para sa inyo ang sapat at tama lang na displacement ng sasakayan. sapat na power(for overtaking instances, etc.) yet fuel efficient (around 6-9km/l i guess...?) and why? thanks.

for me i guess its 1.6 which is the usual displacement of a sedan.
    For mostly metro manila driving, 1.6L is adequate. But if you tend to drive out of town or on the expressways more often, an engine displacement of 1.8L to 2.0L would be prefered.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by the_wildthing View Post
    Subcompact - 1.3 - 1.6
    Compact - 1.6 - 2.0
    Full Size - 2.4 - 3.6
    I totally agree with this. MT on the left side and AT/CVT/SportShift on the right. Enough power for overtaking and maintaining a cool AC while maxing on fuel economy.
    Last edited by pup2; April 12th, 2007 at 01:04 AM.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    7-speed tiptronic mated to a CRDi 2.0L with VGT. hehehe

you'll be overtaking others at 220kmh like they're standing still. hehe

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    For some car brands/models, 1.6li oks na, kahit na matic. Some other brands/models though, frustrating pa rin ang acceleration ng 1.6li matic.

Again for some brands/models, kapag manual naman, surprisingly oks na oks na yung 1.3li!
    Last edited by Autobeat; April 12th, 2007 at 09:08 AM.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    going around. vteclita na lng tipid pa gas and exercise pa. Highway then go for higher displacement 2.0 or above.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    i dunno ha pero 1.3L injected cars nowadays have gone a long way. a jazz or a vios can easily reach 100kph considering that 100kph is the speed limit in our highways.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
for you what is the most adequate displacement for a sedan?