New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy
    uy, nagtatanong na siya about SIR na! dami nga nya post dun,e
    everytime he posts, anyone who reads it automatically loses 1 IQ point. even if some people try to give him guide questions, he still goes too general and aimless. :lol:

he's on my surat list, that's for sure. yes, i'm using a battletech clan term. hehehe.

back on topic though, agree ako dun sa post ni badkuk.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    It's a battle between kugos and this kitikiti person in the other site. Paramihan lang ng posts yung mga yon, ni wala silang 1.6 cars man lang. Awayan nang awayan kunwari.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Nakakatakot mag post dito sa topic. Baka may magalit.

AS A GENERALIZATION:

Parang pag LA SALLE ka, automatic, ang kalaban mo ATENEO.
    Pag Mercedes ka, Anti BMW ka.
    Pag Gloria ka, Anti ERAP
    Pag GMA7 ka, Anti ABS-CBN

Pareho din sa mga cars

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yun nga eh, nakokontrol mga ganun na tao sa mga marketing and external influences, hindi yung utak ginagamit to weigh objectively.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    baket nga ba may mag tao ganyan, when i was still in high school almost all my classmates drive their dad's car to school, i presume extra car yun, kya almost every day dala nila, ako once in a blue moon lng nakakadala kasi isa lng kotse namen tapos dami pa nila komentaryo sa dala ko kotse, long hair tawag nila sa kotse erpat ko, kasi naka vinyl top, after so many have passed, nagkita kita kami, mga pros na, they still drive the same cars, well not everybody but yung mga marami sinisabi, halos sila yun parin dala, ako BNEW PAJERO NA! ano say nila!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sonny: I dont think that's the point of this thread.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Some people who possess a particular brand or belong to a certain group tend to hate others who own a counterpart or belong in another organization simply because of envy. They try to find loopholes in them. I'm pretty sure they wish that they could associate themselves with them. For instance, a driver of an ordinary car sees a more expensive one and begins to say bad things about it. Obviously, he'd long to be the one driving it.

You don't really have to take sides here, do you? In TV programs, I switch from one channel to another depending on the show. There are things I like in 2 and some in 7, simple as that. As for car brands, I pick the best model in the category and not just look at the badge. Like I said in another thread, there are some cars better made by Honda and others by Toyota; you simply have to scrutinize the lineup in choosing between the two makes.

Finally, those who hate brands other than what they own are not enthusiasts in any way. They are freaks, bigots even, with no logic at all. Personal bias doesn't count in a car's true worth. A true enthusiast is defined as a knowledgeable, responsible and passionate owner who makes the most out of his or her ride. An old church minister driving a rickety vehicle once said, "It's not the car that gives dignity to the person, but the other way around."

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I wouldn't go so far as to call them freaks or bigots. Envy is a fundamental human response to certain situations. Just let them be if they refuse to be educated.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Bigotry is actually defined as: willful ignorance or prejudice or intolerance of any opinion/creed/group differing from his/her own. It's a correct definition of most "haters", as they "hate" regardless of actual merit. It's a little harsh, but technically correct.

Ever wonder why there aren't a zillion people clamoring for "South Park" to be banned in the US, despite seemingly racist humor? It's because they ridicule all creeds and colors equally. :lol:

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by cumbersome
    I wouldn't go so far as to call them freaks or bigots. Envy is a fundamental human response to certain situations. Just let them be if they refuse to be educated.
    They should also let others be...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
why do some car enthusiasts hate other car brands?