New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    feel ko may kaaway yung nasa picture eh, niluwagan siguro yung wheel nut. hehehe kaya pag drive nya cgurado matatangal yung gulong...

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Happened to me once.

Trailing arms and leafspring of this 70's Fiera popped off hurling the rear axle of the vehicle infront of us on the road. Good thing the rear joints of the leafspring held, otherwise the rear wheels would have met with the car.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    tsk tsk tsk! sore eyes sa kalsada

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    IMO... dapat 20 years lng ang kotse d2 sa PINAS... bka kc sbihin ng iba jan kulang ang 10 years... 20 years meaning TODAY 1986 cars will be EXTINCT... BOX TYPE LANCERS 1986 paatras itapon na... BECAUSE NAKAKATRAFFIC lng sila dagdag kotse lng sila... SIGURO NMAN NALASPAG NA UNG KOTSE AFTER 20 years... to 20 year policy!!!

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    yung sa akin nga 2 months pa lang fortuner ko naka park inatrasan ng bulok na pickup sabi nung driver sorry mahina brake ko, laglag yung bumber niya buti na lang sa stepboard tumama slice lang maliit rubber at buti di pinto tinamaan...sabi niya paano yan ang sabi ko umalis ka na wala ka namang ibabayad baka ni insurance wala ka.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    if the car is properly maintained and updated, passes emissions tests, then afaik they can still run. going back to the topic, dilapidated cars, as common sense dictates, should be off the roads, danger to everyone kasi.

the "20 year old" ruling is just a part of the solution, not the end-it-all solution.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Our 1946 car is in way better condition than most cars on the road today. Nasa maintenance lang iyan.

Dapat siguro adopt na lang natin Aussie standards. Yun na kasi ang pinakamadali i-adopt. Sa U.S. State-dependent ang standards. Some have inspections, others have none. Ayoko namang maging UK/Japan tayo na planned obsolesence ang mga sasakyan unless you shell out the big bucks.

Killing off 20+ year old cars is not the solution esp. considering my daily driver now is a fully restored 1977 model and it is in better condtion than cars half its age.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Depende talaga sa condition ng sasakyan, meron pa akong nakikitang lumang sasakyan na alagang alaga pa. Ang dapat i-ban ay yung deemed not roadworthy na kahit na anong model pa siya.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    ang dapat na palitan yung mga taxis na kakarag karag sa daan.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Didn't they pass the "rolling coffin" law a long time ago? Someone needs to go back and look at that...

I do agree, though, that it's not the age... it's how you use it... este... take care of it.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
why dilapidated cars should stay off the roads