New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Ouch... that is scary... :lol:

I don't do too many 0-100 km/h (0-62 mph) runs in my car, simply because I don't want to wreck my clutch (my tires are too sticky). What do you launch the Sonata at? 2k? 2.5k?
    It's hard to estimate the rpm's because it's an A/T and I don't use the brake technique. My launch is based more on the instant, almost spontaneous application of gas (as soon as I let go of the brake) and how much. The brake technique and letting go at a certain rpm doesn't work as well. But, I'd estimate 2.5k -3k.

Anyway, the takeoff 's just enough gas to chirp the tires and the torque moving the car forward. It's got pretty good low-end torque. Once the car moves, power delivery is smooth. Makes me wish even more for a M/T 3.3 Sonata.

Add: My wife was suspicious about the burned-tire smell inside the cabin afterwards. Plus each (v-rated) tire is $200-$250 apiece. Ouch. I won't be having fun that often..... and those are just the 16's.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; July 26th, 2007 at 05:15 PM.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Tell me about it... Just changed my Neovas... 32k pesos ($700) for five tires (did the spare, too, just in case...) and that's with a 20% discount, to boot...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Where do you test your car's potential?