New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 59 of 111 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by gr8twyt View Post
    148 mph [238 kph] on my '04 Mazda RX-8 for about 1-1/2 hrs on the freeway. This is on a stock rotary engine, only add-on is synthetic oil, I think it could still go much higher if it wasn't for the on-board limiter.

hahaha normally nga sir yun ang mga pampabagal hahahaha...

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    160 kph sa NLEX with my strada, aircon on. 2 kami sa loob and sa tingin ko kaya pa, medyo kinabahan na ako but the handling is very good

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    148 mph [238 kph] on my '04 Mazda RX-8 for about 1-1/2 hrs on the freeway. This is on a stock rotary engine, only add-on is synthetic oil, I think it could still go much higher if it wasn't for the on-board limiter.
    Just out of curiosity what freeway did you drive that you could go for 1-1/2 hours at 148 mph? At that speed you would have traveled at most 222 miles in distance without a single cop driving by you or someone calling on their cellphone to report you for reckless driving.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    mga bro!

120kph sa coastal...my reliable 1991 corolla all stock...

takot ako eh nagwiwiggle eh...

110kph sa mindanao ave...our L300 FB van....

PEACE OUT to all tsikoteers!

see you sa feb. 23!

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by redorange View Post
    Just out of curiosity what freeway did you drive that you could go for 1-1/2 hours at 148 mph? At that speed you would have traveled at most 222 miles in distance without a single cop driving by you or someone calling on their cellphone to report you for reckless driving.
    That plus the fuel gauge needle would be visibly moving. The gas mileage would've been horrible, decreasing exponentially the faster the car went.

That RX8 certainly did better than the entries in last year's Silver State Classic Challenge:
    http://www.silverstateclassic.com/results-07-norc.htm
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; February 9th, 2008 at 08:49 PM.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by redorange View Post

Interstate 10 Cali to Phoenix, over 500 mile trip. Radar detector on all the way, long lonely stretch of desert freeway, I guess I got lucky.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Interstate 10 Cali to Phoenix, over 500 mile trip. Radar detector on all the way, long lonely stretch of desert freeway, I guess I got lucky.
    I've traveled that stretch a few times to San Diego. We'll be traveling that stretch again this summer. There are stretches where you might be able to sprint to 148 mph for a (very) short period. But compared to the totally deserted side roads of say, central NV, I-10's still pretty crowded. Lots of 18-wheelers who have no hesitation whatsoever in hogging both lanes.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    I've traveled that stretch a few times to San Diego. We'll be traveling that stretch again this summer. There are stretches where you might be able to sprint to 148 mph for a (very) short period. But compared to the totally deserted side roads of say, central NV, I-10's still pretty crowded. Lots of 18-wheelers who have no hesitation whatsoever in hogging both lanes.
    You're right there were big rigs which slowed me down whenever I make a pass, my speed would only dip in around 80 for a few seconds then climb back up. Believe me it's truly scary and I'm not sure if I'd do it again but I was driven by pure adrenalin then (and a lot of red bull).
    I can't say that central NV roads are totally deserted, the roads are narrower and my radar detector was going crazy every 30 miles or so.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I-10's fairly well traveled, here on the outskirts of San Diego headed east:

In central Nevada. North heads to Highway 50. South heads to Highway 6 with 130-150 miles in between:

Big differences considering not even aircraft cops bother to patrol this stretch of road. I love my skidmarks I could probably take a nap on the road without fear of getting run over.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; February 11th, 2008 at 03:46 PM.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007

Big differences considering not even aircraft cops bother to patrol this stretch of road. I love my skidmarks I could probably take a nap on the road without fear of getting run over.
    oh look at Jun!, drivin w/ the left hand on the 12' o clock position! straight up gangsta yO!! lolz! jk man!!

anywayz, drivin 148 MPH for an hour and a half (straight) is pretty stressful on the engine, and even dangerous! well, I do 160 easy on the Soup but only for like a few mins. not really worth drivin too fast for a long period of time on the freeway, specially out here in Cali. plus Ive had my fair share of multiple Speeding Tickets and Impounded Vehicles, and I dont want that to happen again.

aite, peace.

What's your Top Speed [Merged]