New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 47 of 111 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2003

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by gettloww View Post

ito na po ung picture... makikita nyo po xa around makiti... sorry po kung ntagalan pag popost... i do not intend na mag yabang sa inyo mga tol... pero kung ito po iniisip nyo sakin e wala ako magagawa... sir red orange baka kilala nyo tito ko and you can meet us for some time if you want to... again sorry guys kung naging masama iniisip nyo sa akin...
    anywayz, we just got a suzuki swift(red) i was so amaze it can hit 180kmh...

this car's familiar. i saw this car on last year's carshow in megamall beside the yellow ferrari. actually, background picture ko sa pc ko

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tinopak ako kanina pag uwi ko and took egg_white up to 110 mph (190+ kmh) on a deserted straight highway.

i guess one advantage of working late is that you have the expressway to yourself

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006

155kph sa diversion road..
    1996 nissan ultra eagle 2.5L
    quezon province

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by macoylatte View Post

155kph sa diversion road..
    1996 nissan ultra eagle 2.5L
    quezon province
    155 kph for a 2.5L engine? ung ISUZU 2.5 LS namin (before the fuego model) only can hit maximum of 120 kph, wala ng isasagad..

but our DMAX can hit 160 kph in no time. of course dapat lang because turbocharged na 'to..

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Dmax View Post
    155 kph for a 2.5L engine? ung ISUZU 2.5 LS namin (before the fuego model) only can hit maximum of 120 kph, wala ng isasagad..

but our DMAX can hit 160 kph in no time. of course dapat lang because turbocharged na 'to..
    our stock 4d56 equipped L200 can hit 140kph. our stock isuzu 2.5 LS can hit 150kph but it does need quite a stretch because of the oversized tires.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    I'm using ultra eagle 1997 160 km/h top speed ng pick up na yan, i believe the fastest pickup during its time, ngayon hndi na syempre i did 155 sa xpressway malaki na gulong ko e lemans 215 70 r 15..... kaya no doubt kaya ang 155 km/h accrding to maccoylatte

8. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    165 kph Max on the 1.5 VTEC CVT Jazz. Lots and lots of empty road in the STAR tollway, but the Jazz wouldnt go faster. I tried all sorts of gear combinations to get the best final ratio (Manual mode, Sport Mode, Normal Mode, etc), aircon off, all windows closed, etc. It just wouldnt go faster. I think it must be the drag effect of all the chin spoilers, side skirts, rear spoilers that Honda places on the car as 'stock' accessories to differentiate it from the look of the standard 1.3 Jazz. I was the only one in the car by the way and my only luggage was my scuba diving gear.
    That VTEC engine has a lot of power in it. And to think naka-CVT pa yan with a light weight, alloy engine, it should perform better. Nasasakal lang yan with the stock intake and exhaust.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    165 kph Max on the 1.5 VTEC CVT Jazz. Lots and lots of empty road in the STAR tollway, but the Jazz wouldnt go faster. I tried all sorts of gear combinations to get the best final ratio (Manual mode, Sport Mode, Normal Mode, etc), aircon off, all windows closed, etc. It just wouldnt go faster. I think it must be the drag effect of all the chin spoilers, side skirts, rear spoilers that Honda places on the car as 'stock' accessories to differentiate it from the look of the standard 1.3 Jazz. I was the only one in the car by the way and my only luggage was my scuba diving gear.
    Looking around I saw this site: http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/road_tests/index.htm?id=34

As if that wasn't enough, Honda has also come up with an entirely new chain-cam engine for the car. Called i-DSI, it uses two valves and two spark plugs per cylinder to provide a combination of low speed torque, performance and economy that no one else can match either. Just look at the figures: zero to sixty in 11.7 seconds, top speed 106 mph and a combined economy figure of 49.6mpg.
    I can't believe it, bakit limited siya to that? Sayang yon ah. And mind you this is the i-DSi version kahit 1.4L.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    One point to remember (again). Stock speedometers aren't entirely accurate.

The best way to estimate (estimate lang, because even this method is inaccurate) is to get your rpm at top speed, then calculate your actual speed by factoring in gear ratios and tire height.

The only really accurate way is with an inertial or GPS testing device that plots your actual speed.

But likely, the bodykits and the tall upright body limited the Jazz's top end. Weather and temperature also play a big role. Cold weather causes thicker air, which causes more drag. Hot weather negatively affects power. The Jazz, with its tall body and tight engine bay, will suffer from too much of either.

The shorter Vios and various 1.5 liter sedans, with their lower greenhouses, can hit around 180+ km/h.

Oops... read the post again... CVT: The CVT models are speed-limited to protect the transmission. Honda's small CVTs can't take very much torque or very high speeds.

My car's top speed varies about 10-20 km/h depending on the temperature. Because I have an open cone filter and headers, hot weather limits the top speed a lot.
    Last edited by niky; March 15th, 2007 at 12:49 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

What's your Top Speed [Merged]