New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 100 of 111 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1102
  1. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    My car is pretty much the same (same year, same engine, no governor) as this guy's except mine has an english/metric speedometer and he has strictly metric. I'm wondering what his location is because he drove awfully fast when there are other cars on the road. Dangerous....probably had one hand on the wheel, the other hand on the camera.

What an *$$!
    once i hit 80kph or even 60kph on moderate traffic, i make sure i have 2 hands on the wheel. Baka bata yan bro pekto..
    Or isip bata ..

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    What an *$$!
    once i hit 80kph or even 60kph on moderate traffic, i make sure i have 2 hands on the wheel. Baka bata yan bro pekto..
    Or isip bata ..
    Scary isn't it? Actually, I was stupid and reckless too when I was younger. But, I wizened up eventually.

3. Join Date
    May 2014
    Scary isn't it? Actually, I was stupid and reckless too when I was younger. But, I wizened up eventually.
    Really reckless, pano kung may dos por dos doon or any object at nadaanan nya.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Really reckless, pano kung may dos por dos doon or any object at nadaanan nya.
    I hope he had V-rated tires which can go up to 149 mph (240 kph). Mine always do. It's also dangerous to have a car that could go that fast and not have the proper tires. A lot of these kids buy the cheapest tires which have the lowest speed ratings.

As far as objects on the road...... I don't think the car would go out of control if I run over some debris. My main concern is the debris puncturing the underside of the car such as the gas tank.

5. Join Date
    May 2014
    I hope he had V-rated tires which can go up to 149 mph (240 kph). Mine always do. It's also dangerous to have a car that could go that fast and not have the proper tires. A lot of these kids buy the cheapest tires which have the lowest speed ratings.

As far as objects on the road...... I don't think the car would go out of control if I run over some debris. My main concern is the debris puncturing the underside of the car such as the gas tank.
    minsan kasi bro instead of going over the debris, may chance din na "makaladkad" and mag skid. at that speed, even the slightest debris can cause major damage din.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

minsan kasi bro instead of going over the debris, may chance din na "makaladkad" and mag skid. at that speed, even the slightest debris can cause major damage din.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006

From my experience unintentionally running over debris and animals at high speeds, you're either going to run over them or push them out of the way. In the case of animals, there were some jackrabbits that were crushed under the tires. The deer I hit in New York was thrown clear by the impact, but not before crushing the front of the car. I had total control the whole time. There was a big KA-BLAG! My wife didn't even realize we hit a deer at first. Then we saw pieces of the bumper sticking up above the hood.

There's really nothing for debris to latch on to on the car.

The most dangerous debris on the road are the shredded tires, even the small strips. If you run over them, they're flexible enough to act like a whip. They can easily puncture metal. I couldn't avoid running over a small strip one time. It punctured the gas tank of our minivan which caused fuel to start dripping. Good thing I had an extended warranty which covered its replacement.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; July 1st, 2015 at 05:28 AM.

7. Join Date
    May 2014
    From my experience unintentionally running over debris and animals at high speeds, you're either going to run over them or push them out of the way. In the case of animals, there were some jackrabbits that were crushed under the tires. The deer I hit in New York was thrown clear by the impact, but not before crushing the front of the car. I had total control the whole time. There was a big KA-BLAG! My wife didn't even realize we hit a deer at first. Then we saw pieces of the bumper sticking up above the hood.

The most dangerous debris on the road are the shredded tires, even the small strips. If you run over them, they're flexible enough to act like a whip. They can easily puncture metal. I couldn't avoid running over a small strip one time. It punctured the gas tank of our minivan which caused fuel to start dripping. Good thing I had an extended warranty which covered its replacement.
    akala ko mas safe yung rubber ng shredded tires, kasi ginagawang humps dito sa atin ^_^
    re: deer accident, anong speed nyo at that time?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

akala ko mas safe yung rubber ng shredded tires, kasi ginagawang humps dito sa atin ^_^

8. Join Date
    May 2010
    Hit 170-175 kph briefly on SCTEX on a weekday with a gen 2 1.3L vios. Not really a speedfreak but that long stretch of bare highway convinced me to tempt fate

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006

Speed? I was doing 60 mph (97 kph) which is the posted speed limit. We hit the deer around 1 am at night. I was doing 60 mph as well when I ran over the shredded tire strips.

10. Join Date
    May 2014
    Speed? I was doing 60 mph (97 kph) which is the posted speed limit. We hit the deer around 1 am at night. I was doing 60 mph as well when I ran over the shredded tire strips.
    I think anything under 100kph manageable pa pag ganyan. Di ako maka get over dun sa rubber strip hehehe

Sent from my LG-D724 using Tapatalk

What's your Top Speed [Merged]