New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    yokohama es 100 is also another good tire

2. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    ANything TOYO afaik is money well spent on tires . I am long time user of the PROXES , 3 cars and about 4 years old each .

3. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    My personal favorite brand is PIRELLI P6000. The price is not really that expensive. It is very durable and matagal maupod.

Another good brand is MICHELIN. Any michelin branded tire is good. Sidewall looks great. Yun lang nga, my experience is that the tires do not last long. And still the most expensive tire around.

A cheap brand is DUNLOP LM702. It is cheap and easily wears out.

Also, maganda din ang Bridgestones. It is well balanced on all areas such as threadwear, durability, looks. Prices are on the average.

Continentals-- just like a Michelin. looks good but madali maupod.

Falkens -- most of them are soft. squarish looking sidewalls. Also, easily wears out.

Korean, china made brands.?? I never tried them. Just spend a bit more on a good set of tires...
    Last edited by edl100; April 5th, 2006 at 12:52 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    for me is 'MICHELIN" en "YOKOHAMA"-good stuff.........

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Okamoto

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by alanranch
    What is the stock size of your tires? Im nt sure but I think for 16s its 195/50-16. Madaming magandang tires and would depend on your budget. If you have money to spare, TRy Advan or Direzza, mga mid priced tires merong eage f1, bridgestone g3, toyo proxies and yokohama and falken. IF you want reasonable price at magandang performace go for the old school tires Dunlop Formula 901. May mga makukuhanan ako nasa 3 plus lang. Nice grip and comfy tyres. If city driving ka lang at nde humahataw pwede na ang lemans, although dont look for performanc coz madulas sya and a bit noisy pero comfy naman. And dont forget the most impt thing is to have your tires filled with nitrogen!!

Btw para sa kin mas maganda tayo ng 195/50-16 sa 205-45-16 just in case youre eyeing that size too.
    I looked at the tires again today and yes, it is using Dunlop Formula 901. Pls PM me the phone number and address of the shop to get the tires from. I'm still contemplating on toyo and yoko though...

sa mga nag-reply salamat po sa mga suggestion.
    play it safe, use a good rubber! hehe! Peace!

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    *jkaiser: You're right. A good rubber does not easily get holes whether on the road or on the bed. Ha..ha..!
    My preference = Bridgestone. They are durable and dependable.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    My Laser RS Turbo has Bridgestone Z-rated lows. The Sonata came with Michelins. The wife's Contour has cheapo Cooper/Hancock tires . We don't intend to drive the Contour outside of town.

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayward
    *jkaiser: You're right. A good rubber does not easily get holes whether on the road or on the bed. Ha..ha..!
    My preference = Bridgestone. They are durable and dependable.
    Ayos! Hehehe.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
What's your choice of rubber?