sayang. gusto ko rin sanang
    pinturahan ng flat black yung hood ko.
    pero yung iba maganda talaga
    kahit hindi carbon fiber.

may kulay din sigurong binabagayan.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto
    Going back to the title.... My 91 Plymouth Laser RS Turbo has a black top (not hood). I think it's just for pogi looks. It does make my Dad look cool :
    Yup, the Plymouth Laser had a black roof to differentiate it more from its Mitsubishi Eclipse twin. In fact, they're triplets, the third one being the Eagle Talon. Today, only the Eclipse remains.

One car that had a carbon fiber roof is the BMW M3 CSL. They shaved off some weight by removing a number of electrical features present in the standard M3, and opted to infuse a lighter top.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    kala ko naman black top ng toyota. sabihin ko sana pantapat na sa civic sir. yung stock engine nga lang.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP
    I'm not sure about sporty subcompacts, but black hoods are available on some 4x4's to reduce hood glare reflected onto the driver's eyes since 4x4 hoods are clearly visible from the driver's seat.
    This started with the muscle cars of the 60's, this was to reduce the glare on their long massive hoods.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    i don't know. trips lang nila yun so wag ng pakialaman.

the mitsubishi lancer l-type that was used in old rallies have a black hood.
    http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/mot...rc/img/003.jpg

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by laracroft
    may kulay din sigurong binabagayan.
    may neighbor kami na ganito Passion orange Civic EK tapos Flat Black ang hood nagagandahan ako ,
    pero pag dumadalaw ang pinsan niya na same car pero white ang body color na naka flatblack ang hood din ay hindi na ako nagandahan
    lagi kasi magkatabi pag nagpark kaya kitang kita difference kung saan bumagay ang Flat black na Hood ..IMO

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    I used to think carbon fiber hoods are simply a weight-saver, while fake ones are for plain aesthetics. Never knew this reduces the glare deflected by sunlight. I've driven lots of cars but never did I complain of hood glares.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by A121
    i don't know. trips lang nila yun so wag ng pakialaman.

the mitsubishi lancer l-type that was used in old rallies have a black hood.
    http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/mot...rc/img/003.jpg
    OT: ang liit lang pala ng spoiler noon kesa ngayon...at importante dati sa rally ang mudguard.

back to topic: ahhh ganun pala yun. may gamit rin pala ang mga flat black hoods...akala ko purong pang porma lang. pero...hindi naman nappansin ang hood sa mga maliliit na sasakyan deba?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
what's the deal with black tops?