New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    never pa ako nabangga before, but i find this scary:

early this year, i was at an intersection driving an 04 civic. red light pa.

there was a taxi in front of me, and a rusty old truck behind me. i kept my

distance from the taxi, around 1/2 car length pa, and also sa back the

truck was still far away. when the light turned green, namatay yung engine

ng taxi. i was patient waiting for him to restart his engine but parang hirap

sya paandarin, tinatapakan nya yung gas pedal thats why hindi na umiilaw

yung taillight niya, but the problem is, the road is a little inclined so he

started moving backward towards me. bumusina ako because he was

moving back and not because ang tagal nya, but i dont think alam nya na

umaatras sya and he is still trying to start his car. so i honked more

aggressively, kasi lumalapit na talaga sya and i dont think he knows na

gumagalaw sya. malapit na malapit na talaga and i placed my car in

reverse, at sa sobrang kaba, i started moving back before i looked back and

napa-brake rin ako ng bigla kasi nakatutok na pala ang rusty truck sa likod

ko. so busina nalang ng tuloy tuloy at wala na akong magawa. i can see his

bumper getting close to my front side and nothing has gone that close na. i

sat still nalang so i could feel whether tumama na ba, wala akong

naramdaman at finally tumakbo na rin sya. mga 20 seconds siguro bago nya

napaandar ulit ang kanyang taxi. may halo na galit at kaba ang naramdaman

ko. after the intersection, tumigil ako sa side ng road to check my front

side, wala naman. i dont know kung tumama na ang deflector plate cover

but wala namang gasgas. i also checked the rear end because i wasnt so

sure if i hit the truck while backing up. i dont think he would have cared.

there were no dents or anything naman. i just wished na the taxi would be

more alert and at least put his handbrake on while restarting the engine.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    took SLEX on a trip to tagaytay a few months back. the trip nearly killed me and my family! we were nearing the petron station. it was drizzling. our car was stopped behind a delivery van. from my rearview mirror, i caught a glimpse of a cargo truck coming towards us. at the speed it was going, i knew it could not stop on time. i quickly moved to the lane to my right. a second or two after that, the truck rammed into the van. the van veers to the right missing our car by about foot! i was so scared that i stopped at the next gas station and had to recover my wits.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    This happened last wed, Sa may united paranaque ito. About 9 pm na, galing kasi kami ng EK nun. May paliko, then lumiko kami then a long truck sumabay samin, akala ko tatamaan na kami kasi ang haba niya and tatamaan kami nun kung hindi nakabig pakanan ang kotse.........

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    when i drove my ***y co-worker home...and my wife saw us. :D

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by magister View Post
    took SLEX on a trip to tagaytay a few months back. the trip nearly killed me and my family! we were nearing the petron station. it was drizzling. our car was stopped behind a delivery van. from my rearview mirror, i caught a glimpse of a cargo truck coming towards us. at the speed it was going, i knew it could not stop on time. i quickly moved to the lane to my right. a second or two after that, the truck rammed into the van. the van veers to the right missing our car by about foot! i was so scared that i stopped at the next gas station and had to recover my wits.
    wow... even if youre not doing anything wrong...

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by wren View Post
    when i drove my ***y co-worker home...and my wife saw us. :D

Uyy, nakakamatay yan pre ... or worse!

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    This is my father's story, not mine. It's really unforgettable, and somehow funny.

"Tandang tanda ko pa, birthday ko non. June 27 1996, ayaw pa nga akong patuluyin ng mommy mo dahil birthday ko nga daw(two years old pa lang ako non kaya di ko na matandaan) nagdala kami ng na-harvest naming kalamansi sa divisoria(taga-Cabanatuan kami). Punong puno yung jeep kong sarao ng mga red bag ng kalamansi tapos yung mga kasama ko pa nung papunta kami. Ayos naman yung byahe nung papunta pa lang kame. pero nung pauwi na kame, dun nagsimula yung kamalasan. Nung nasa San Ildifonso Bulacan na kame me nakita kong banggaan, namreno agad ako, e medyo madulas ang daan at paliko pa tapos mabilis ako, nagdrift (ndi talaga yun yung sinabi nya) kame ngayon! Nahulog tuloy kame sa buked na mga 10 ft ang taas mula sa kalsada at tumihaya yung jeep, bute nalang di kami ganong nasaktan. Mula non di na ko bumibyahe nang malayo pag birthday ko."

Naaksidente dahil nakakita ng aksidente.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    this was my first car accident with my family, it was happened in May 1, 2009(friday)

pumunta kami sa province namin sa Agno, Pangasinan galing bulacan dahil invited ako as Abay sa kasal.....eto na, binabagtas namin yung pa zigzag na road ng Sual, pangasinan, dun sa bundok na.. Ang bilis ng pasok namin sa kurbada nun, siguro hindi bababa sa 60kph yun,.tapos nun, nung paliko na kami(left) hindi na kontrol ng papa ko yung manibela, edi yun lumabas sa lane yung kotse sa may rock road, tapos umiyak yung gulong sa harap/kaliwa. nag brake sya, napadiin. tapos ayun na! bumangga na kami sa barrier, pagkabangga umikot yung kotse. first bumangga yung harap then after that, umikot naman, tapos bumangga naman yung likod sa barrier(left rear)! buti wala kaming kasalubong na sasakyan nun.tsaka buti nalang merong barrier dun kundi hulog kami dun sa bangin!kung wala yun patay na siguro kami.. ang lalim pa naman....at awa ng diyos wala sa amin ang grabe...nauntog lang naman ako...tapos sila ok naman

after nung incident na yun labasan yung mga tao dahil an lakas daw ng pagkabanga,. Sabi nila swerte daw kami kasi marami na daw nahulog na bus dun(victory liner tsaka dagupan bus)nung wala pa yung barrier dun tsaka marami na rin daw namatay dun sa kurbada na yun, nahulog sa bangin....

bumagsak nga yung bumper ng kotse, basag ang headlight, laglag din yung grills tapos yupi sa likod...tsk tsk..niremedyuhan nalang malapit sa talyer dun....tumuloy parin kami sa kasal khit wasak kotse namin...huhu

haaaayyy...i can't believe what had happened to us...

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Few years back when I had my first completed sale sa real-estate. We went to Tagaytay via Cavite route with my family,my brother's family, and my youngest sister. I borrowed my in-laws adventure as I don't have a car back then. The journey to Tagaytay was uneventful. It started raining in the rotunda. We went up to the Palace in the Sky. Ma-fog on the way up. May bagyo kasi ata nun. On the way down and after we made our usual stopovers, we went home.

It was really raining hard and the side mirror on the passenger side is fogging up. The vehicle was heavily tinted and I couldn't see thru it. I told my wife to wipe it with a towel or tissue. It was clear again and then the same problem crop up. I told my wife again, while looking at the side mirror, to wipe it again and then my passenger screamed. An orange picanto stopped in front of us, I hit on the brakes, tires screeching, then slam. I rear ended the picanto. They were about to go forward when I disembarked and check the damage. Front of the adventure was wrecked, some fog lights installed was broken, the bumper got cracks. Picanto then stopped, I looked at the rear-end and they just got a few scratches on the fender. We talked, agreed that I will pay the money after a day, then left. On my way to Bulacan, we encountered heavy heavy rains entering the coastal high way with zero visibility. Good thing we don't have any injuries, even a scratch. No injuries also on the passengers of the Picanto, which turned out to be some Americans, expats.

Lesson learned: Don't be distracted and put your eyes on the road, always.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    when I got a "ghost" passenger at the back jejeje very scary! :shocked:

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
What was your worst/scary/unforgetable driving experience?