New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Metric. Pero, kung height & weight, mas kabisado ko ang English system.

For example, when somebody says they're 5'9", 195 lbs., I can immediately visualize yung height & weight. Pero when they say they're 1.85 meters tall, 75 kgs., nahihirapan akong ma-picture. I have to convert it pa to English measurements for me to have an idea

2. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Metric.

How come wheel diameters are in inches and tire widths in mm?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha_One View Post
    Metric.

Because you can't say DUBS in mm 20" rims would be 508mm or 50.8cm. and the rappers would have a hard time getting it into their music.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    metric, the only reason English still exists is because US won't let go of it yet.
    Sabi dun sa nabasa ko.. Nagpropose na dati si Benjamin sa US Govt/Congress na magrevert na sila sa Metric System. Kaso di sya nanalo/walang pumayag kahit mas okay talaga ang metric. Kasi $$$ ang gagastusin para magpalit ng system sa buong US. Kaya hanggan ngayon ganun pa din. Kaya siguro nababagalan sila sa 80 MPH. Wala pa kasi sa 100th mark.

Pero ako hp for power, N-M for torque, inches for dimensions and kg for weight. Nakakalito sa gym, Kg sa barbel weights tapos lbs. sa dumbells and machine. Hirap tuloy magbuhat.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i grew up with the english system and i still prefer metric. like everyone else said, the units are all multiples of 10 and they have consistent names (like deci- and centi- and milli- )

we always have to remember stupid stuff like 3 feet to a yard, and how many fricking pounds in a ton.... :seeth:

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    metric... them prefixes makes them easier.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha_One View Post
    Metric tires (TRX comes to mind) are very expensive and hence they use the standard measurements. But for tire size, I think it's common to have it in width mm/%sidewall/rim size.

For dimensions, metric ako, pero nakita ko na advantage ng US measurements. They are a bit less accurate, but gets the job done. Kunyari the tiles on your floor can be 1x1ft so just counting the tiles gives you an approximation of the room area. Something to that effect.

Volume, interchangeable, dahil nasanay na ako dito sa US ($/gal of fuel, ounces, pint, quart, etc). Distance, interchangeable rin dahil nasanay na ako sa miles and km.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Overall, I'd say metric pa rin.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
What units do you prefer in spec sheets, metric or English?