New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2002
    if u can afford d patrol, why not di ba?di lang sya ang gagamit, pati ikaw... lakas pa ng dating... yung bang brandnew ang sinasabi mo? second hand ba?

or kaya..hmmm... d usual CRV, RAV4, Grand Vitara...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    she's not tall, petite rather. will learn to drive with cr-v so the mini-suvs might be a good idea.

i was thinking of the echo for the longest time, but small cars do tend to get bullied around on the road -- one of my main reasons for considering a big suv.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    praktis muna ser.. even though small lang at first.. she'l know how to place herself sa road... diva?.. mali ba?. hehehe:mrgreen:

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    she might have some problems with the safari coz its rather bulky. and since she's petite, she might have trouble looking over the hood, backing up, etc.

IMO, get her a Kia pride. when shes up to the task of driving in manila, then get her the patrol.

my 0.02

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hatchback na lang sayang nabenta ko sa akin!
    180T only.

kung A/T get her a
    civic LXi A/T or equivalent

ayos na ayos yun pede pang everyday car yun

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Suzuki Jimny. :wink:

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My youngest sis bought a pre-owned ECHO hatchback last year. Its cute, and never fails to get stares from other drivers. The good thing is that it has already a well tuned suspension system (bilstein) installed by the previous owner.

To avoid being bullied, the ECHO is equipped with a FIAMM horn. So far, so good!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Opinion ko lang to. Wala sanang ma-offend.

IMO, what's the use of having a mini-SUV? It has the same amount of space as a normal economy-class car except for a bit more headroom and luggage space...plus you're a bit higher up. These are my impressions from regularly driving a Civic and a CR-V back to back.

However, it is slower and a lot more expensive. Is it worth it? Only you can decide, but personally if I'm going to get an SUV I won't go half-ass - I'd get a Pajero or Patrol or maybe even an Expedition, which carry many more people, more cargo, and can actually go off-road.

My suggestions are a Corolla or a Civic.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    opinyon ko is to find a car with a good solid bumper for 'learning' how to drive. that means civics are out due to their snap on bumpers. The learning to drive car is only temporary. just upgrade when experienced na.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
What Car?