New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by pajerokid
    AFAIK, the latest definition of the AUV is that it could seat 10 people. THis is unlike the original definition of the AUV na filipino designed.... even if only in part. Remember the Tamaraw, the Cimarron and the Fiera?
    e di AUV na din ang mga pajero, patrol, trooper, expeditions?

ang alam ko talaga, to be classified as AUV, the vehicle must contain at least 60% local materials.
    Signature

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by boybi
    e di AUV na din ang mga pajero, patrol, trooper, expeditions?
    Yan din ang point ni mbt! Kasi sa ibang bansa naman, 7-seater lang yung mga nabanggit mo (not sure about the Patrol). So since released na 10-seater yung mga yon sa Asia, dapat yata AUV sila??!! :confused:

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Honda did not make a mistake as far as classifying the CRV as an AUV. Diba bentang benta CRV? It was a good management move in my opinion.

AUVs are given tax breaks. Plain and simple. Buying an AUV doesnt mean you're a poor bloke. I have friends who can afford to live in Baranggay Ayala Alabang yet drive Revos. and besides, when was the last time an AUV cost nearly 1M?

AFAIK, the latest definition of the AUV is that it could seat 10 people. THis is unlike the original definition of the AUV na filipino designed.... even if only in part. Remember the Tamaraw, the Cimarron and the Fiera?
    yep... even the SUVs resorted to making the 3rd row bench similar to AUVs 2 row parallel benches so as to avail of the 10 seater tax break.

The question indeed opened a can of worms hehe... sa susunod na tanong "What is an SUV?" ...magkakagulo nanaman yan hehe... and the car based Minis like mine gets lost in the classification hehe...

Basta sa akin lang kahit anong classification yan basta may sasakyan nagagamit and it serves it's purpose. Yun lang.

hmmm....crv for the low end market ba? swerte naman ng "low end market"... they get a 2.0L engine that beats the competition... all the safety features comapred to it's "local" AUV counterparts.

Here's a food for thought:
    http://www.inq7.net/lif/2003/mar/13/lif_8-1.htm
    "Many people bought the 2002 CR-V not because it can officially squeeze in 10 passengers but because it was priced below one million pesos and has Honda's i-VTEC engine, dual airbags and anti-lock braking system to boot. "

So what's an AUV? I don't care... hehe... labels are labels... only those who identify one's status symbol with how his particular car is labeled has got some issues hehe..

Want to feel a cut above the rest? Get a Cayenne, X5 or even a stretch Escalade with more than 10 passengers pa.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by Supierreman
    hmmm....crv for the low end market ba? swerte naman ng "low end market"... they get a 2.0L engine that beats the competition... all the safety features comapred to it's "local" AUV counterparts.
    btw, the CRV is not directed at the low-end market, rather to the middle class (i think you are referring to my post)

as compared to the other compact SUVs which costs more than P1M... and that's the reason why there are a dime a dozen CRVs out there... don't you agree...

with the new tax scheme coming out, this little debate of ours will be pointless. although it will not erase the thought that the CRV was once branded as an AUV buy our gov't and HCPI

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    boybi, hindi naman porque 10 or above seating eh AUV na. Eh di yung mga bus MEGA AUV!

Of course a manufacturer has to enter said vehicle as an AUV. The 10 seater thing is just a qualification.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Remember the Tamaraw, the Cimarron and the Fiera?
    Uyy.. nakalimutan mo ang legendary HARABAS.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    How can i forget?! hehehe :D

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
What is an AUV?