New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2006

VW Passat 4-Door Coupe Spied In Clear View

Rumors have been flying for some time that Volkswagen would create a stylish 4-door “coupe” version of their Passat similar to the Mercedes CLS. Now uncovered in the U.S. southwest is a never seen before VW prototype which closely matches the description.

Judging by the polished and near production look of this prototype as well as lack of camouflage, masters of disguise, VW, seem to have managed to keep this prototype away from prying eyes during the early stages of its development. Usually, it is not until the end of a prototype's development that most of the full body camouflage is shed except for front and rear end coverings. Could we possibly have a Frankfurt surprise on our hands?

Posted over a year and a half ago, we stumbled across some renderings with an overall body shape which is strikingly similar to these spy photos. See for yourself: forums.nasioc.com
    -WCF

Regular Passat sedan

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    not bad..looks very upscale..sayang di available locally?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Looks Audi-ish to me... A6 copy ba yan?

Let me guess, Chinese designer?

Btw, why is everyone wants to build a 4 door coupe after Mercedes built its epic looking CLS65?
    Last edited by drey; September 3rd, 2007 at 02:21 PM.
    iam3739.com

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    4door coupe? ala CLS? it looks larger than the passat. hindi ba ibang model yan?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    doesnt look like a "4-door coupe" at all

sabihin na lang kasi nilang sedan eh...what's the harm in that?

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    ^^ true that! baka cguro kinocondition nila yun mga bibili na its a "sports sedan"? :D

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Whoa! That's a Passat?

A far cry from previous variants.

Is it just me or are sedans trying to copy each other with that Camry like front?

But then again, that's what makes them desirable..

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by GerardTagayty View Post
    4door coupe? ala CLS? it looks larger than the passat. hindi ba ibang model yan?
    Its a 4-door coupe based on the Passat platform, so people call it the Passat 4-door coupe, but I think it hasn't been confirmed what the final name will be.

The lower roofline makes the car look larger.
    Last edited by AG4; September 5th, 2007 at 10:33 PM.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by GerardTagayty View Post
    ^^ true that! baka cguro kinocondition nila yun mga bibili na its a "sports sedan"? :D
    Sports Sedan in a Coupe form? The spy pics actually looks true that its a 4 door coupe. I would still go for the CLS.

Especially the Brabus Rocket!

Top Speed: 360 kmh
    Last edited by drey; September 6th, 2007 at 04:30 PM.
    iam3739.com

VW Passat 4-door coupe *spy photos*