New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by the_wildthing View Post
    I would get a pre-1974 German car if I don't have one already. I'd keep the body stock...
    change the wheels to EMPI style wheels
    replace the fronts with disc brakes from a Super Beetle or get the replacement kits
    Rebuild the engine, put in a modern alternator to replace the generator, get new Weber carbs, or better yet if you have the funds, get 2.0 or 2.2L rebuilt engines from the US
    Rebuild the tranny if necessary
    Check and fix the electricals, rewire, replace the fuses with the modern type
    Get all accessories working - wipers, washers, gauges
    Drain and clean fuel tank
    Body repair and repaint
    Replace rubber seals, running board, moldings, chromes, emblems, etc. if necessary
    Reupholster
    Decent stereo
    Air conditioning

This is great advice

change the wheels to EMPI style wheels - ... what's EMPI tires?

replace the fronts with disc brakes from a Super Beetle or get the replacement kits - pwede ba?

get 2.0 or 2.2L rebuilt engines from the US - kasya ba sa engine bay?

Replace running board, moldings, chromes, emblems - can we still find these stuffs?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    www.vwcp.org will have some shop recommendations. EMPI wheels = rims, not tires.

Drum to disc - yes puwede. Kailangan lang sabay sa rims, kasi baka ang makuha mo is 5 hole, pero 4 hole lang yung luma. May kit na nabibili $300.

2.2L may konting mod sa firewall.

Chrome and mga abubot - meron yan kalat kalat lang. Naka kuha pa ako nung "VOLKSWAGEN" na sulat sa likod two years ago. Kaso ninakaw ulit. Meron din sa Internet.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Sorry paano ulit mag embed ng You Tube video?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Bz-LMi_mLE8

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Volks Beetle Modification