New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    BIS Official said that but how about the people who are 'trying' to enforce the LAW? Sometimes, hindi alam ng mga higher ranking official na may KOTONGAN na nangyayari sa own backyard nila. Ang alam nila (kuno), nagpapatupad sila ng batas. Pero yung mga tao na nasa 'actual branch office' mga kotongers. May na feature sa CORRESPONDENT na importing from AUSTRALIA. Ubos na ang pera nung Australian, wala nang trabaho sa pinas, bumalink na ng Australia, nandun pa din sa Subic yung BMW nya.

If you have money to burn, then go ahead and import a vehicle.

:cool:

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by 20vanda01
    I have a friend of mine from TX was able to ship his expedition for his mother (who is here in Phil), it cost him $5000 for the complete processing including shipping charges. He shipped it 4 weeks prior he came to Philippines. On his 3 days in Philippines, he already got teh Expe out from Paco, Manila. 'Yong shipping lines di ko na matandaan, pero from TX, tapos dumadaan ng CA to pick more shipping. Bale kahit ano daw ilagay mo sa loob ng car, kahit TV, ref (kung magkasya) mga damit etc, basta sa loob lang ng car, and then ilalagay sa isang container.
    Swerte lang yung kaibigan mo from TX. Father ko kasi seaman..... kapag kotse ang karga ng barko nila, binubuksan ng mga Pinoy (specially those in the lower ranks), tapos kinukuha ang laman (kahit stereo, antennae, car seat cover, etc.).

Inisip ko na ring mag-uwi ng kotse pero hindi talaga worth it. Kasi kung meron naman sa Pinas o sa karatig bansa like Japan, bakit ka pa magu-uwi. Tapos kung yung wala naman, talo ka sa spare parts o baka walang marunong gumawa kapag nasira. Tapos sakit sa ulo pa yung mga 'under the table' deals pagdating ng sasakyan dyan sa atin.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Does anyone have an idea of how much taxes and duties are for imported cars? I plan to import a car from Germany but have no idea kung magkano ang babayaran sa customs. Gusto ko syempre legit yung method (walang under the table).

How much do customs brokers charge for importing a car (I'd wanna go through a broker para wala masyadong hassle)? I checked out www.boc.gov.ph pero wala kong makitang info. Kung walang may alam, could you refer me to someone who knows?

Eto mga questions ko:

How much is the tax? (100% of invoice price?)

How many cars ang pwede i-import per person? My dad is also gonna import a car for himself, and probably 2 cars for my siblings.

Is there such a thing as commercial volume of vehicles (i.e. importing more than 10 cars at one time will incur extra charges)?

What else do I need to know (licenses, papers to acquire before importation)?

Thanks in advance sa mga nakakaalam. :D

4. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    the last time i heard 200% yung tax
    lower models ata mas mababa.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    how do you import a vehicle specifically for a car show? Let say I want to bring in a vehicle, which will not be sold or even driven here, just for a event. Do I have to pay tax for it? what government department do I approach? Can the event organizers help me with the importation issues?

and does anyone know the email address and / or contact number of the transhow organizers.

thanks!

6. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    hey all!
    im new here, keen to learn a few things!

my name is Shane, im currently living in Japan, whilst there i export performance car parts back home to Australia.

Japanese Laws are getting tight these days and i need to find am easier way to do this sorta work, soooo what i concluded is that maybe i should export japanese peformance cars to another country where the rules are not so heavy and the costs of living in competitive... ie. The Philippines :D

once i get them in country i can then dismantle and send to Australia. And maybe supply the local market??

so was just wondering what this 'concept' would sound like to the locals??

would this be a possible avenue for my business?

whats the car scene like for performance /race cars?

any help would be greatly appreciated ;)
    Last edited by drfta86; November 11th, 2004 at 06:19 PM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if your plan is to export the cars to the Philippines, dismantle them and then send the parts to Australia, your best bet is to set it up at the freeport zones. that will be like Clark Special Economic Zone which used to be the US 13th airforce base, big runway good enough for C-5 galaxy, now DHL regional HQ. or Subic Bay Freeport Zone which is the former US 7th fleet base, has big runway and sea port facilities, now Fedex regional HQ. Subic also has several international flights per week, including 1 from Osaka or somewhere.

at Subic there are already a number of companies importing used cars from Japan. they convert the vehicles from RHD to LHD for sale in the Philippines. maybe you can get in touch with them and be part of their operation (you need a local partner to operate, required by Philippine law.)

you can import the cars to Subic tax free (as long as you don't sell them in the Philippines), dismantle it, then ship it to Australia. that way you don't pay any import and export duties, since your operation will be in the free port. all you need is a warehouse (there are plenty of warehouse spaces for rent there) and a place to do the dismantling. any business you can bring will be very welcome.

for starters, go here >>>http://www.sbma.com/

for the companies importing vehicles to Subic check these 2 >>>

http://www.asia-intl-auctioneers.com/

http://www.sbmcauctions.com/webpages/info.asp

there are more, just do a Google search on "subic bay..."

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i also know someone who imports and auctions cars through Subic (my wife's cousin). i'll get in touch with him if you're interested.

however.... i will be signing off for a month starting saturday, going on vacation until december 9. if you are interested give me your email (via PM) and i will get in touch with him then email you his contact details.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    may friends din dad ko nagiimport... subic and not-subic... pero diba may tax na 500thou additional starting 2005 para sa mga 2nd hand vehicles?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    van_wilder

english pare, Shane is australian.

anyway, if what Shane wants to do is just to get the cars in from Japan, set up shop in Subic to chop up the cars there and then re-export everything to Australia, then that tax will not be applicable. Subic is a free port so as long as nothing gets sold locally then there should be no tax.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Vehicle Importation Procedures / Fees [Merged]