New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    what do you guys think about Orange Performance Techniques Inc.?
    TIA

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    medyo O.T.: meron kaya dyan EJ20TT sa mga shops na yan. pinapangarap ko kasing swap ng engine yung legacy ng twin turbo engine.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    You can ask around if they know a surplus shop with an engine available. I know some guys here have done the conversion on old Legacies already. I think Fusion or eRL can do the work.

It's an interesting idea... a 250k peso Legacy, put in another 100-200k in engine, and you have a sleeper of a drag car (as long as you don't swap to the turbo-hood).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    You can ask around if they know a surplus shop with an engine available. I know some guys here have done the conversion on old Legacies already. I think Fusion or eRL can do the work.

It's an interesting idea... a 250k peso Legacy, put in another 100-200k in engine, and you have a sleeper of a drag car (as long as you don't swap to the turbo-hood).
    thanks sir niky, actually older Legacy(MY95-98) cost >200 and if your good in haggling you can even get it for ><150K.

if only my bro in socal can ship EJ20tt tsk tsk

TURBO AWD>turbo fwd/rwd

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    dunno if this will help, but here in cavite there are a number of tuning shops too, i can only think of three at the moment but maybe other cavitenos can help me.
    they mostly deal with japanese marques and don't have dynos, though.
    the provincial labor rate makes prices a bit lower than in manila.

*tonte's pitstop: imus, aguinaldo highway near robinson's
    they do scissor door conversions, washovers, and engine swaps.
    an example is a kia sedan with a 4age engine. cute and fast hehe

*QAR: imus
    ICE modifications, hydraulics and other car accessories. i think they concentrate mostly on the "show" factor, less on the "go".
    they modified a 96 toyota crown v6 into an orange, slammed, wire-wheeled cruiser. wierd, but cool.

*fiberwerx: dasmarinas, aguinaldo highway near meralco.
    you can see from the name that they specialize in bodykits, spoilers etc.
    now they also do engine swaps, 4ages and 4g63s for example. i remeber they made an all white, glittery civic SIR that was converted to a type R using a type R parts car imported from japan.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dhel View Post
    .. Their R34 is wickedly sick! I felt kinda embarassed nga when I parked at their shop with my tito's super stock family car corolla. Me and my friends here were actually planning on our project cars. I was actually looking on acquiring the S14 Silvia of a relative, konti na lang papayag na. Pero a bit dissapointed coz I found out that all locally released S14 here are all matic! I heard Silvia tuners here usually converts it to manual pa (I'm hearing the cash register sound again).. And one more thing that disapointed me a little bit was the new sentra model here, very different from those in the west.

Shout out to my man REDXIII, pinoy tuners in cali are all good before I left, don't know the dude you mentioned though. I hear some of them are planning to compete their 240SX/ Silvia to drift and track.. But I certainly know hot Pinay models Ms. Leah Dizon and Ms. Melissa Reign!

About this shop, I heard a not so good story about it... They install AFCs poorly, wiring not properly attached making the engine incoherent.
    he he... do not wonder, the new sentra model here is very diff. from the west... di na nga to "B" series eh, "N" na buti sana if it's a bit like the N14.. yung B15 nyo sa U.S kicks ass.. yung nandito kicks.. nah.
    Speedlab and Autoplus for me pare.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Autoplus and Motorpro

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Spool = Kuya Vince

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Spool = Kuya Vince (Turbo Charged Cars)

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    i'm also on this situation now. well i have a 3month old Hond Fit/Jazz that just clocked a little over 1,600 km...and after reading Temple of VTEC Asia that just by tuning the 1.5vtec with a higher flow instake as well as AFC they managed to get another 20horsepower or so....
    i'll post the dyno chart both have the before and after tuning result.... so those shops mentioned above can do it? how much dough do u think it would cost me?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Tuner's Lounge- What's the best tuner shop around?