New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    He he... no wonder reservations for the new "it" supercar is piling up! Kudos to all Japanese car makers!

As for if this car is still tuneable, i believe it is... Top tuner companies from Japan like Topsecret, Mines, even Nismo are starting to develop it..

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    i'd be amazed however if they built offroad versions of those more so if it was made into a n/a le mans entry.
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Si sir safeO di pa pla gaaning convince.

So this still tuneable huh... wow!! Supermutated Godzilla na yan, parang Mecha-Godzilla na! ha ha...

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    iba talaga ang nissan.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Just curious. Are there any formal parameters on what is a supercar? HP ouput? Price? Speed tests? (0 to 100, top speed, etc) Or snob appeal? (Lamang ang mga Euros dito)

6. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Umm... for me it's basically a tag used for a high-end performance car, whose performance is highly superior to other sportscars, and ofcourse it must have a unique eye catching sleek look.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It's hard to say... many people will contend that a supercar has to hae bombastic performance, a high price, a unique look, a racing heritage, luxury and rarity.

Unfortunately... there are special edition Skylines and Evos that meet the performance and rarity requirements... Note the Norris Evo... 700 hp, faster acceleration than any Ferrari, and a six figure price tag (in dollars)... and it's definitely limited edition.

There are "supercars" that aren't luxurious: The Ferrari F40 has an interior that's laughably spartan. There are also a whole lot of "supercars" with no racing heritage at all.

There are "trackday" specials that aren't exotically expensive, but they're unique looking, have a racing pedigree, and and bombastically fast... many people consider the Noble a sportscar, but it has performance on par with some supercars...

The Porsche 911 Turbo is technically a sportscar, but it has performance in supercar territory.

It's a very subjective thing... and mostly arrived at by consensus. Many people will never consider the GT-R a supercar, but many others, myself included... don't give a damn... it looks exotic, it goes like stink, it's luxurious... it MUST be a supercar...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Supercar = Snob Appeal basically...

"More than you can afford pal.... Ferrari"

9. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Well said dude niky!

Anyway, rumors circulating from NMPI and Mantrade the possibility of bringing the Supercar of the year to the Phil. shores! Pero for me mukang malabo, for our local Nissan for me is not as dynamic as their counterparts in other countries.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
TopGear's SUPERCAR OF THE YEAR AWARD Goes To...